Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Oilers would be foolish not to sign Eberle next season. This guy could be a franchise player
Yeah that dude can play. He'll be a great player in Edmonton, and I wonder if they could skate him with Gagner for a couple shifts to see what happens. That would be some speed on one line

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Oilers would be foolish not to sign Eberle next season. This guy could be a franchise player
Eberle already has a contract with the Oilers. They just returned him to junior because being a leader at both the WHL level and at the World Juniors benefits his development more.

Yeah that dude can play. He'll be a great player in Edmonton, and I wonder if they could skate him with Gagner for a couple shifts to see what happens. That would be some speed on one line
It also results in one hell of an undersized forward group. Unless you count Horcoff as a top six forward, Penner's the only one that's over 6'0". Adding a 5'9" Eberle will add some skill, but Edmonton needs some more size up front as well.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Eberle already has a contract with the Oilers. They just returned him to junior because being a leader at both the WHL level and at the World Juniors benefits his development more.

It also results in one hell of an undersized forward group. Unless you count Horcoff as a top six forward, Penner's the only one that's over 6'0". Adding a 5'9" Eberle will add some skill, but Edmonton needs some more size up front as well.
I didn't mean all the time, just mix em up every once in a while. But If you put them on seperate lines, they still should be able to wear teams down with there speed

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
I didn't mean all the time, just mix em up every once in a while. But If you put them on seperate lines, they still should be able to wear teams down with there speed
Even as a whole, the Oilers top six is pretty much exclusively populated by players under 6'0". Eberle's a great prospect, but the Oilers lack of size up front should be a concern as well.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Even as a whole, the Oilers top six is pretty much exclusively populated by players under 6'0". Eberle's a great prospect, but the Oilers lack of size up front should be a concern as well.
Your right, outside of Penner they are very small. I think I guy that would fit them well would be Zach Kassian. Unfortunately for them he's already apart of Buffalo's organization. Do you know anyone who compares to him?

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Your right, outside of Penner they are very small. I think I guy that would fit them well would be Zach Kassian. Unfortunately for them he's already apart of Buffalo's organization. Do you know anyone who compares to him?
Milan Lucic and Chris Neil are the ones that come to mind that are in the NHL.

As for players like him where the Oilers will probably end up picking in the first round, none come to mind. Although a player like Ryan Martindale or Andrew Yogan, although they don't have near the same offensive potential, would be available later in the draft.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Milan Lucic and Chris Neil are the ones that come to mind that are in the NHL.

As for players like him where the Oilers will probably end up picking in the first round, none come to mind. Although a player like Ryan Martindale or Andrew Yogan, although they don't have near the same offensive potential, would be available later in the draft.
Yea, I always have thought of him as a Lucic in the NHL, but I didn't know if there were any junior prospects comparing to him

·
Registered
291 Posts
Oilers are lucky to have a young player coming up like Jordan Eberle and if the Oilers don,t want him we will take him in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Oilers are lucky to have a young player coming up like Jordan Eberle and if the Oilers don,t want him we will take him in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!
Theres a chance that they could get Taylor Hall, from the way the Oilers are playing right now

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Yea, I always have thought of him as a Lucic in the NHL, but I didn't know if there were any junior prospects comparing to him
In 2011, there are a couple that look like they could be, but I haven't looked too deep into that yet. Off the top of my head, Seth Ambroz, Sean Couturier and Colin Jacobs might fit the bill.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
In 2011, there are a couple that look like they could be, but I haven't looked too deep into that yet. Off the top of my head, Seth Ambroz, Sean Couturier and Colin Jacobs might fit the bill.
ok, thanks I'll have to check em out

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
ok, thanks I'll have to check em out
A 2010 option that I forgot about until now is Cody Beach, brother of the Chicago Blackhawks prospect, Kyle Beach. He's got the size and fights like there's no tomorrow (he's already got 10 on the season), but he lacks the natural talent, and from what I've seen during Hitmen games, the drive that Kyle has.

He could be a decent player for teams to take as a project prospect. If an organization could get him to develop a bit more offense to his game, he could be good.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
A 2010 option that I forgot about until now is Cody Beach, brother of the Chicago Blackhawks prospect, Kyle Beach. He's got the size and fights like there's no tomorrow (he's already got 10 on the season), but he lacks the natural talent, and from what I've seen during Hitmen games, the drive that Kyle has.

He could be a decent player for teams to take as a project prospect. If an organization could get him to develop a bit more offense to his game, he could be good.
Yeah, and that sounds like someone Edmonton could use.

And by the way, I went back and looked over the 07 draft, I was ....ed beyond believe when I found out Eberle was taken a pick after Gustafsson. I've never seen Anton play, but he doesn't appear to be as good as Eberle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts