Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That's one of the first times I've really been pissed off watching the Flyers play in some time. Even in Game 4 against the Pens when they got crushed, you knew Pittsburgh was going to show up and the entire team just had a turd of game. It happens.

Absolutely no excuse for last night. They started strong, got an early lead for once, and then just didn't play. They completely blew what was probably Bryzgalov's best effort of the postseason so far. That's what irritates me. The games have been close because of soft goals and not getting what they should from Bryz. He shows up, and the rest of the team justs lets the Debbies walk all over them.

After busting out a gutsy win on Sunday, I thought they'd be flying all night to grab the 2-0 chokehold lead...

Maybe they'll realize the Devils aren't a joke and Marty isn't in a motorize scooter, yet.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just win, time to turn the road magic on. Full effort tonight.
I'm not sure if it's the Devils playing better than most expected or if they Flyers just aren't putting out like they need to. I'm not satisfied with what I'm seeing, especially on that Lilja turnover that led to the Devils third goal.

Let's see some more OT magic from the Flyers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scott Hartnell

Hartnell is a guy i think everyone on the opposing team would like to kick the **** out of. Acts like a tough guy but takes dives and just a chippy litle bitch like Fleury was in Calgary. This guy needs to grow some ballz and play or strap his purse back on and sit on the sides. Makes Philly (a team full of tough young talented men) look like they have a homo hanging in the background. Decide if ur a man or a bitch Hartnell...:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The Devils forecheck has been great the last two games and it's the big reason they're up in the series. I hear a lot of people saying the Flyers aren't playing their game, but could it be that the Devils have just figured out how to beat the Flyers?

One thing I have to say, the officiating was complete garbage in this game. Larsson gets called for high sticking after Briere acts like he was shot, Kovalchuk gets a penalty for shooting the puck over the glass when it clearly went off a Flyer. Zubrus gets called for a bull**** boarding penalty when the Flyer clearly saw him coming and turned his back towards him. Then Zubrus gets his stick slashed in two and no call was made. Thankfully the Devils PK showed up when they needed it and they ended up getting the win.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Devils forecheck has been great the last two games and it's the big reason they're up in the series. I hear a lot of people saying the Flyers aren't playing their game, but could it be that the Devils have just figured out how to beat the Flyers?

One thing I have to say, the officiating was complete garbage in this game. Larsson gets called for high sticking after Briere acts like he was shot, Kovalchuk gets a penalty for shooting the puck over the glass when it clearly went off a Flyer. Zubrus gets called for a bull**** boarding penalty when the Flyer clearly saw him coming and turned his back towards him. Then Zubrus gets his stick slashed in two and no call was made. Thankfully the Devils PK showed up when they needed it and they ended up getting the win.
True, the refs have been horrible. Lest we forget Brodeur punching a Flyer in the head in the crease. Either way, this Flyers effort has been pitiful. Not to take away from the Devils performance, which has been better than I originally thought, but the Flyers looked much better than this in game 1 and the Pens series. Well maybe this will wake up this team though, they thrive when their back is against the wall, hence us winning only one game when we score the first goal and coming back in every playoff game that we have let up the first goal so far.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
By the way, I don't know what the medical staff did to Kovalchuk during his time off, but it definitely worked. He had more jump than I've seen probably since the playoffs started. He had a goal and 2 assists in this game, and was flying on the shift that led to the goal.

Not that I'm complaining, but what's happened to Giroux the last couple games? He was dominant in the first round and hasn't really done much in this series. On Kovalchuk's goal he was just floating behind him.

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
Well, it was a fun Flyers season. They obviously are spent from bouncing Pittsburgh because they have shown nothing in this series. Sad thing to see considering we should be beating these guys.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I have to admit, even I'm surprised at how this series has gone. I thought the Devils had a good chance to make this a series, but I never thought they would dominate and have the Flyers on the ropes after just four games. It looks like the Flyers thought they were just going to breeze by the Devils. They've been thoroughly outworked and their defense has looked absolutely awful against the Devils forecheck.

One thing I will say though, Bryzgalov has not been the problem for them in this series. He's given up a couple goals he probably shouldn't have, but I think he's still been their best player. He and Briere are the only two that really stand out in this series for the Flyers.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yeah, this series has just been a flat out disgrace for the Flyers. Credit to the Devils for coming in and just shutting down this offense. They haven't been able to do anything and poor Bryzgalov and trying his best to keep us in games but isn't getting help from his offense or defense. I don't know how they expect him to make blind save after blind save and never keep the puck out of their end. The effort has been terrible and they are probably done but I have also witnessed Laviolette rally this team from an 0-3 deficit before so maybe he has some of that magic left but I kinda doubt it.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Giroux gets a 1 game suspension for his hit on Zubrus. Kind of surprised Shanahan had the balls to do it, although why other incidents weren't also given suspensions (Weber, Ovechkin, etc.) is beyond me. No consistency at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Flyers Devils series went exactly as I predicted thus far. Rangers and Devils in the ECF. just gotta get by these pesky Capitals first. Aint no thing. The only team im remotely scared of is the kings.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
So proud of the Devils right now. Something about them changed late in the Florida series. I think the way they came back to win that series, plus getting the first round monkey off their backs really gave them a lot of confidence heading into this series. They figured out how to pressure the Flyers defense with their forecheck and just stayed with it. The Flyers scored the first goal in each of the last 4 games, but the Devils just stuck to their game, they stayed disciplined, and they got rewarded with a series win.

I know Bryzgalov will probably catch a lot of heat for his playoff stats, but I think he was actually the Flyers best player in this series. The Clarkson goal he gave up tonight was ugly, but he was left out to dry by his defense for much of the series.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Enjoy it while you can, my friend. Devils got off easy playing the Cats and then the Flyers. New York won't be as easy. The Rangers are the best conditioned team in the NHL.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Enjoy it while you can, my friend. Devils got off easy playing the Cats and then the Flyers. New York won't be as easy. The Rangers are the best conditioned team in the NHL.
Maybe you should worry about them handling their own business first. Last time I checked the Rangers are still playing Washington.;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah Yeah Yeah. That will all end tonight. Even if Washington was to win tonight and force a game seven the Rangers will still take it. Then they will tear through the Devils.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yeah Yeah Yeah. That will all end tonight. Even if Washington was to win tonight and force a game seven the Rangers will still take it. Then they will tear through the Devils.
Right. Just like the Flyers were going to tear through the Devils. Keep talking...

41 - 60 of 78 Posts