Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
pavelbure said:
i don't think any team with lidstrom and zetterberg is going to miss the playoffs.
I didn't think that any team with Naslund, Ohlund, Bertuzzi, and Jovo would miss the playoffs. But...

Don't discount the loss of Yzerman... Having said that I think they will make it.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The more Ive thought about it, the more scared I become.

Nashville has had the Flames' number the last couple of seasons and with the Arnott and now the Dumont signing, the Preds are better than ever. Not good for the Flames.....

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
TimmyTabasco said:
Great move for the Preds

They have really improved from last season

Look for Dumont to fit like a glove
Agreed. Although it was a surprised moved. He will fit well into there style of play. If he can stay healthy.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
arma said:
So I'm assuming its safe to say the nashville could quite possiblt walk awa with the western confrence. The only other real contender I see in the WC is the Ducks and they may have a neck in neck battlw
I dont think that Nasville will have too easy a time. They still havent the greatest team in the west. I mean, sure, the Dallas, Colorado, and Detroit of old are seemingly missing. But theres Calgary, whos stingy defense and great goaltending will be helped along this year by some added offense. Edmonton, who can easily deal with the loss of Pronger. They have the firepower, and Roloson should prove to be a good asset. Anaheim, which has pumped up defense with Niedermayer and Pronger, along with a good winning strategy. And theres the Sharks, with the deadly combination of Cheechoo, and Thornton full season. Sure, the Predators have Kariya, Dumont now, Vokoun will be healthy, and Arnott. Yes, Nashville will definetely make the playoffs, and they are in good position to push their playoff run, but I can only imagine them finishing fourth or fifth behind(in no specific order) Anaheim, Calgary, San Jose, or Edmonton.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts