Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
9/23/2006 1:46:47 AM

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) - Andy McDonald had two goals and an assist, and Chris Kunitz added two goals to lead the Anaheim Ducks to a 5-1 rout of the Vancouver Canucks in a pre-season game Friday night.

Ducks goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere made 22 saves in his first full pre-season game.

Kunitz scored his first goal 23 seconds into the game on a wrist shot, then gave Anaheim a 2-0 lead at 5:30 of the first period.

Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo blocked Teemu Selanne's slap shot, but the puck bounced behind the net and ricocheted to Kunitz, who scored inside the left post.

TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
From what I saw of the highlites, Luongo didn't get much help out there. he wasn't spectacular, but I won't place all the blame on him just yet.

On the other side of the puck, the Ducks look superb out there, with Teemu and Niedermayer leading their young, yet experienced, team. Shades of Edmonton of last season come to mind, and not just becuase of the Chris Pronger trade. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'm a little ticked because I can't find any highlights on TV right now (it's soccer/Poker/Golf time in Canada).

But this Ducks team sounds scary, like watch out western conference scary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts