Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in my honest opinion I think the blueshirts should be moving towards a defensive defenseman. Brooks Orpik is going to be a UFA and has not signed back with the Pens, yet. We desperately need a banger on the blueline and someone who can bomb the puck (not paul mara) because people like Marek Malik, Paul Mara and Strudwick dont seem like theyd be part of a cup contender.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
well, i dont know the name [orpik?] that ur talking about but yes, the rangers definatly need a great defensemen. when is the draft? any word on where jagr is going?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've hated Orpik since the first time I remember seeing him play because he's dirty. Would the "You don't hate him when he's on your team rule" apply? I don't know and I'd rather not find out by giving a lot of money to a guy that goes out of his way to hit while leaving his man open. I like Avery on the Rangers but I never saw what other people saw in him when he was on the Kings. I would watch him play and wonder why he was the most hated guy in the league when Tucker, Exelby and 100 other players I could think of were way dirtier than he was.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orpik plays perfectly when it comes down to pinching a guy off the play, and he damn well stays on his man (no homo).
He's young and american so those are definitely good things...we can't keep relying on homegrown players. :cheeky4::cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Orpik plays perfectly when it comes down to pinching a guy off the play, and he damn well stays on his man (no homo).
He's young and american so those are definitely good things...we can't keep relying on homegrown players. :cheeky4::cheeky4::cheeky4:
Was that the same Brooks Orpik that the Red Wings skated by as if he wasn't there?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
So, in my honest opinion I think the blueshirts should be moving towards a defensive defenseman. Brooks Orpik is going to be a UFA and has not signed back with the Pens, yet. We desperately need a banger on the blueline and someone who can bomb the puck (not paul mara) because people like Marek Malik, Paul Mara and Strudwick dont seem like theyd be part of a cup contender.

any thoughts?

If any Rangers defenseman gets resigned i hope its mara. Guess you missed him at the end of the season. He was one of the only defensmen who was playing his heart out hitting devils all over. Taking his cage off early ignoring doctors request to leave it on. If anything Renney really misused Mara much like many players. He is big and strong and still kind of young and could be had cheap. Now im not saying he is a star cause he is not but he is more then adept then half the leagues defense.

The 2 defenseless Rangers i could care less about are Malik & Rozi.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
This just in on Rangers news.............................

Sather is considering drafting an unknown czech Zedno Volek as the draft continues on Saturday, Volek is a Banging Bruising defensmen weighing 98 LBS and 3'10 inches tall. Sather was quoted saying he needs a protector for the often banged up Prucha. He also said a trade was in the works to find another 2nd round pick for Ryan Hollweg. :laugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
del zotto should be great for the rangers. i have info stats and more on him, along with other ny rangers news at insanebinky.blogpspot.com
any word on if he will start next season?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts