Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is -20, but do you think that will keep the Jehovah's Witnesses from knocking on my door? Think again! Just now with the wind howling, and your breath turning to ice as you exhale they come a knocking.

I don't mean to be rude but this group has been hounding me for what seems like a life time and yet they still don't get the point. I do not want to hear it! GO away please. I wonder if a restraining order would work. Nothing else seems to work, I tried everything. I stripped down to skins, drank a beer and belched and farted in their presence. I pulled my old bong out(didn't have anything to put in it) but I went through the motions anyway. Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way, perhaps they think I need to be saved? Well hell if I think I need saving, I think I am wise enough to not join a religion where if I get a life saving blood transfusion I will go straight to hell, and not collect $200.00.

Anyone have any ideas how I can rid myself of these people?

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Here it is -20, but do you think that will keep the Jehovah's Witnesses from knocking on my door? Think again! Just now with the wind howling, and your breath turning to ice as you exhale they come a knocking.

I don't mean to be rude but this group has been hounding me for what seems like a life time and yet they still don't get the point. I do not want to hear it! GO away please. I wonder if a restraining order would work. Nothing else seems to work, I tried everything. I stripped down to skins, drank a beer and belched and farted in their presence. I pulled my old bong out(didn't have anything to put in it) but I went through the motions anyway. Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way, perhaps they think I need to be saved? Well hell if I think I need saving, I think I am wise enough to not join a religion where if I get a life saving blood transfusion I will go straight to hell, and not collect $200.00.

One time they came to my door, and I was polite. Finally, they told me the real deal that would sell me on their religion: if I become a Jehovah's Witness, when I go to heaven, God would truly reward me: by making me caucasian.

Me: Really? I could get that? I've always wanted to be white, but I just never dreamed that I could do that!

They just didn't grasp my overall sense of sarcasm. :)

Daryl

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Do what my friend Sean did. When a woman comes with her daughter knocking about religion, tell her she can't come in, but her daughter can(Add lewd voice here) while touching his nipple.

Im fairly blunt with religious people who get pushy at my door. The last 2 times my GF answered the door, I just queued up the songs "Cult" and "Disciple" by Slayer and cranked my speakers and subwoofer up loud enough to scare them away.

Slayer: "I've made my choice........666"

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Just shut the door if you don't want to listen. We haven't had Jehovah's Witnesses at our place for awhile simply because the last time one came around I slammed the door in their face.

Or, learn to recognize when its them, and don't answer the door. For us this was easy, because we'd see them walking out to all the other houses in the neighbourhood before getting to ours. My parents had us basically trained to know when it was them.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
One time they came to my door, and I was polite. Finally, they told me the real deal that would sell me on their religion: if I become a Jehovah's Witness, when I go to heaven, God would truly reward me: by making me caucasian.

Me: Really? I could get that? I've always wanted to be white, but I just never dreamed that I could do that!

Daryl
That is unbelievable. :eek::dunno: Honestly....leaves my speechless. These people wonder why the rest of society is at their wits end with them....:dunno:

I told one group that my home was a satanic sex pit. We have ritualistic orgies on the solstice....

Gotta entertain yourself somehow. And I figure, if you're at my door or on my phone uninvited than you've opened yourself up to what ever I am in the mood to serve and trust me, with a name like Rusty Badcock....I have one twisted sense of humour.

I just generally keep it to myself around these parts...:cheeky4:

RB

·
Registered
504 Posts

Daryl
They seriously actually really said that?!?!?!?
That's just weird.:dunno:

·
Registered
504 Posts
That is unbelievable. :eek::dunno: Honestly....leaves my speechless. These people wonder why the rest of society is at their wits end with them....:dunno:

I told one group that my home was a satanic sex pit. We have ritualistic orgies on the solstice....

Gotta entertain yourself somehow. And I figure, if you're at my door or on my phone uninvited than you've opened yourself up to what ever I am in the mood to serve and trust me, with a name like Rusty Badcock....I have one twisted sense of humour.

I just generally keep it to myself around these parts...:cheeky4:

RB
Wow, even I would never have thought of that.

Did it actually work?

Kinda random, though.

I've got a bit thrown at me for my name too, actually. :)

-ML

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Nice people, but they got sh*t in their ears, at least some of them are nice. They turned themselves into the joke of the town, we just call the cops on them now. One time they came and I mother went balistic on them because they started harassing her about being a catholic, it didn't turn out to well for them let me say, haha.

·
Registered
987 Posts
The one sure way to stop people from trying to convert you to their religion is to try to convert them to your religion.

And if you don't have one make one up.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The one sure way to stop people from trying to convert you to their religion is to try to convert them to your religion.

And if you don't have one make one up.
I can imagine hat one of my friends would do according to that theory.
Witness: We're here to discuss the good book and god. We think that you should convert.
Friend: How about you convert to pastafarianism? Worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Worship it!
Witness flees scene.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Ask them to join you in praying the rosary. xD

I did that once and they turned and ran like they had hot glowing fire embers in their tails. lmao. was funny

I laughed for ten minutes afterwards hehe

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Two words: Hate speach!

Answer the door in your underwear, with a cracked beer and start ranting about a general intolerance and they will then pretend to be selling you something, it was jokes when I told them I had Mormans buried in my back lot, of course I was living on 30 arches of feild and forest at the time.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Dec 07
1,037 Posts
Two words: Hate speach!

Answer the door in your underwear, with a cracked beer and start ranting about a general intolerance and they will then pretend to be selling you something, it was jokes when I told them I had Mormans buried in my back lot, of course I was living on 30 arches of feild and forest at the time.
Gotta love country living for that.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've got a bit thrown at me for my name too, actually. :)

-ML
as do I get some flak thrown at me for my name too

Mostly by Flyers fans

ahahaha xD

but its cute

but being serious for a moment, my good friend died when we were both 15 and he had cancer and he died because his parents were Jehovah's witnesses and they refused a blood transfusion for him that might have saved his life.

How in the name of all thats seriously holy can anyone choose some religion and a god that may or may not exist over the life of their own son?

That was a turning point for me, turned me against religion for life, well that and everything ive learned about religion since then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts