Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is kind of a political thing so I'll put my vent here.

Don't ask me (or any strange woman you just met) to go to your house and then stalk them even when they say no !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kay im gonna put this here cause its discrimination and most of the time men dont get this said or done to them

why is it mostly just us females !!

I really dont know why some men think they have the right to say/do what they like to women, I was in the elevator at univ the other day and a guy was there with me. I just made small talk in my friendly way, then when the elevator reached the third floor we both got off, he kept talking to me, he was from vietnam and studying engineering,

Then he started asking me did i have dinner and then he said MY home isnt far way from here, wanna come my house ! I was like **** no, get away fromee by using body language i never actually said it. I said I already ate. Then I left to go library when i reached it i turned around discovered he was following me. The elevator went to first floor and me him and a few other people got off. I had to ditch him so I tricked him. I let him get ahead of me and as soon as he had his back to me (he probably thought i would follow him , nice naive girl he thought) as soon as he wasnt looking I booted it back up the stairs. LOL

thats called using my head.

but tell me, why for Christs sake to men think they can say or do what they want to women, especially some international students who think they can do it over here ??

****** nutbar he was. Nice men dont ask strange women to their houses !! and then stalk them even when they say no !!

Canada is still certainly patriarchal still and chauvinistic as well. And then lay blame on us females when something happens (oh your shirt must have been revealing yadda yadda)

imo Canada should be doing more to protect women from this kind of stuff but I dont think we'll get it from Stephen Harper and the Conservatives man I freakin hate this guy, right wing religious nutbar who is basically George W Bush's left leg and wants to set Canada and all the gains that we have made back a century (like with the sneaky Bill C - 484 which claims that when a pregnant woman is killed the one who did it will be charged with a separate crime for killing the fetus. Its just a sneaky way to get around the abortion law by sneakily giving a fetus rights.

(i'm pro - choice btw)

but tell me, why in the name of God, are these things still happening to us Canadian women even in the 21 freaking century? can anyone explain that?

(for the record Im dating a sweet guy so I had not even a remote interest in the guy who stalked me the other day. Especially univ perverts. Oy)

There's also this chauvinistic piglet idea that if a girl chats with a guy then she must be interested. Absolutely retarded assumption.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts

Don't ask me (or any strange woman you just met) to go to your house and then stalk them even when they say no !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kay im gonna put this here cause its discrimination and most of the time men dont get this said or done to them

I really dont know why some men think they have the right to say/do what they like to women, I was in the elevator at univ the other day and a guy was there with me. I just made small talk in my friendly way, then when the elevator reached the third floor we both got off, he kept talking to me, he was from vietnam and studying engineering,

Then he started asking me did i have dinner and then he said MY home isnt far way from here, wanna come my house ! I was like **** no, get away fromee by using body language i never actually said it. I said I already ate. Then I left to go library when i reached it i turned around discovered he was following me. The elevator went to first floor and me him and a few other people got off. I had to ditch him so I tricked him. I let him get ahead of me and as soon as he had his back to me (he probably thought i would follow him , nice naive girl he thought) as soon as he wasnt looking I booted it back up the stairs. LOL

In a nutsheel, he is a foreigner. Some customs and ways to interact with women, etc differ from country to country. It might be common for men from that country to act that way, and females from that country might promote it.

Perhaps he was simply going in the same direction as you after. Perhaps he was following you and you were right to lose him. Its all situational and you likely will never know. Assuming the worst immediately is your perogative.

Maybe he wasn't trying to pick you up. Maybe he was new to the country and few, if any people had made small talk with him, and he was overjoyed that someone listened to him. I have had at least 6 people from other countries in the last 5 years invite me to dinner out of the blue because they didn't know anyone here and i was friendly

Second, at least half the single women in Canada would have been impressed by determination and confidence. Its nothing new, nor is it men's fault that women like men to be pushy and chase them.

Everyone has a different approach. Personally, being persistent and determined when trying to get a woman's attention is almost a necessity. Fortune favors the bold is not just an old saying. Most women like it when men are persistent, and most single women I know initially turn guys down in order to get them to play the chasing game. I can't even remember how many times I picked up a girl in the bar from simple determination.
There is a simple solution. If you want guys to buzz off. Make it very clear you want them to buzz off. No, you can not be polite about it, even if generally you hate being rude. Because half the women in Canada pull the same hard to get routine, you will have to suffer for it

but tell me, why for Christs sake to men think they can say or do what they want to women, especially some international students who think they can do it over here ??

****** nutbar he was. Nice men dont ask strange women to their houses !! and then stalk them even when they say no !!

Canada is still certainly patriarchal still and chauvinistic as well. And then lay blame on us females when something happens (oh your shirt must have been revealing yadda yadda)
I have no clue if you clothing was revealing, but I am going to lay my 2 cents out here about this issue.

For the record, yes, it is women's fault if they wear skimpy clothing and then hate being hit on.
You can pull that card if its a rape or sexual harrassment case because someone stepped over the line. But if you wear clothing designed to show off your body, and you do not like having guys notice and go after you, its your own fault if you get hit on a lot an a ton of attention

I routinely have to remind 2 of my chick friends that they are being douchebags on this issue. They wear a shirt that has all their bra showing, bright colored neon bra's at that to draw attention, with about everything but the nipple coming out, pants so tight that you can tell they have a dime in their pocket(If they even have pockets), and colored thongs designed to peek out the back so people can seem them.
If you wear that to a bar, you are saying you want attention from guys, and lots of it. Unless you have a guy friend around who you can pass off as your boyfriend, you are going to be swarmed.

Both my friends dress like that all the time in order to attract certain guys they like, or just boys in general, but then balk when guys they do not want give them attention.

Its their own fault. Its every woman who dresses like that's own fault if they get extra guy attention. Enough said.

Now, if it comes to someone being assaulted or groped, then you have a legitimate complaint. But if all they have done is look, stare and try to pick you up, you asked for it

imo Canada should be doing more to protect women from this kind of stuff but I dont think we'll get it from Stephen Harper and the Conservatives man I freakin hate this guy, right wing religious nutbar who is basically George W Bush's left leg and wants to set Canada and all the gains that we have made back a century (like with the sneaky Bill C - 484 which claims that when a pregnant woman is killed the one who did it will be charged with a separate crime for killing the fetus. Its just a sneaky way to get around the abortion law by sneakily giving a fetus rights.

(i'm pro - choice btw)
Highly depends. Since half the world is religious, and you live in a democracy, you will have to put up with the half of the world who does not agree with you. They have just as much right to decide what is moral as you do.

Personally? I am the furthest thing from religious, but I dislike Abortion in some ways. I understand rape and trauma victims having them, or people who actually were trying to have safe sex, but when women start using it as a form of birth control, it pisses me off. If you have sex, you must deal with the consequences of your actions. This is coming from me, a guy who by definition is a huge slut(Or was before I started going steady) I am an admitted hypocrite.

Making abortions easy and painless is immoral IMO. They should make you miserable at every turn just so next time, you remember to wear a condom and not spread diseases.

Despite what they try to say, yes, condoms suck, and they take away a lot of the pleasure of sex, but at least they keep STD's down

but tell me, why in the name of God, are these things still happening to us Canadian women even in the 21 freaking century? can anyone explain that?
Issues are starting to get muddles here.

(for the record Im dating a sweet guy so I had not even a remote interest in the guy who stalked me the other day. Especially univ perverts. Oy)
Next time, tell the guy you are late meeting your Fiance. Generally, even the biggest douchebag takes the hint at that point.

There's also this chauvinistic piglet idea that if a girl chats with a guy then she must be interested. Absolutely retarded assumption.
Again, blame the other half of Women who actually promote this behaviour. Because half of women actually promote this "Chase me" behavior, you will have to put up with it. Life sucks, but get over it.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts

(i'm pro - choice btw)

Hopefully that is why do some men think that.

After reading your post I have to say that it's pretty clear that other influences are driving some of your ideas which are barring on concept of "neo-feminism". Yes? No?

It's mainly the generalisations that gives it away, as well as the sudden jump to the political spectrum (which makes no sense at all since both Harper's and Bush's faith pretty much discourages what you stated this international student did, especially Harper's often criticised increase on crime punishment), and then the issue of abortion (which again would more likely be be backed by the kind of student that tried to track you down).

Obviously your post runs much deeper than what maybe a many women can tell me a guy has done at some point a time of their life (this possibly could have lead to a kidnapping and maybe something a little more and worse...?). Your ideas weren't nitted too nicely together either. They contradict themselves.

It is a shame that this happened to you, but I don't see a need to lump every guy into this to strengthen the appearance of your arguement.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully that is why do some men think that.

After reading your post I have to say that it's pretty clear that other influences are driving some of your ideas which are barring on concept of "neo-feminism". Yes? No?

It's mainly the generalisations that gives it away, as well as the sudden jump to the political spectrum (which makes no sense at all since both Harper's and Bush's faith pretty much discourages what you stated this international student did, especially Harper's often criticised increase on crime punishment), and then the issue of abortion (which again would more likely be be backed by the kind of student that tried to track you down).

Obviously your post runs much deeper than what maybe a many women can tell me a guy has done at some point a time of their life (this possibly could have lead to a kidnapping and maybe something a little more and worse...?). Your ideas weren't nitted too nicely together either. They contradict themselves.

It is a shame that this happened to you, but I don't see a need to lump every guy into this to strengthen the appearance of your arguement.

Yeah, I see what you mean (to the first poster.

Some women are our own worst enemies (choke).

and i didnt write it too well, ok i admit it. But my blood boiled with this incident the other day. so i just vented my thoughts without being logical and thinking first but oh yeah well....

and no i dont wear revealing clothes. Dont like them.

btw I think this problem and the sexism is tied into politics. it is a societal problem actually.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Yeah, I see what you mean (to the first poster.

Some women are our own worst enemies (choke).

and i didnt write it too well, ok i admit it. But my blood boiled with this incident the other day. so i just vented my thoughts without being logical and thinking first but oh yeah well....

and no i dont wear revealing clothes. Dont like them.

btw I think this problem and the sexism is tied into politics. it is a societal problem actually.
Was this at a school, or just a random encounter? You said he was an international student right? Were there other people around? Friends? Classmates? etc?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was this at a school, or just a random encounter? You said he was an international student right? Were there other people around? Friends? Classmates? etc?
Happened at university in the elevator

it was randome
happened to get into the elevator after finding out there were no second hand textbooks for sale and he was there.....just a random guy i didnt know and he didnt know me either
when he said this, no other people were there
when i let him go in front of me so i could ditch him no other people were there it was just myself & him

·
Registered
665 Posts
Politics? Or do you mean Culture? I dont see where politics ties into sexism. I can see where in some Asian cultures, their habits and traditions can be deemed sexist by the western world, but in all honesty thats just the way things are done where they are from so you really cant get too upset about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts