Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Tie Domi announced that he was dropping his gloves for good and picking up a microphone, he said that his new employer might have to put him on a tape delay.

Based on Domi's debut on TSN's NHL preview show last night, it's doubtful the network will have to worry about that — unless somebody criticizes his former team.

The retired Leaf enforcer showed that he has a future in the television game with strong comments, a bit of wit and even a few insights into the game. But he steered clear of any negative comments about the Leafs.

``Everybody says it was a country club when Pat Quinn was there," he said of his former coach. ``Well, I can tell you Pat Quinn got in the playoffs for 80 games.

complete article

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I actually didn't mind watching him on TSN yesterday for the NHL preview show. But because he did just recently retire doesn't mean he can't criticize his old team if he becomes bias that way more people will hate him. You can't pick favourites especially in a job like that. But I think in the future he won't be that bad.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I used to like Tie Domi, but that love was lost with the elbow to the head of Scott Niedermayer at the end of a 4-2 win in round 2 of the 2001 Playoffs. It costed the Leafs momentum and probably the series. :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts