Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Anything is possible, but considering how the series has evolved through the first 4 games, it's highly unlikely. Carolina is just playing too well to imagine the Oilers going on a sweep and winning 3 straight-including 2 in Carolina. In addition, the Oiler powerplay has been practically non-existant, only converting for 1 goal through the games played so far. Conversely, the Canes powerplay is very effective. Oilers cannot skate with the Canes, and the Canes have much more scoring depth.

The Oilers goaltending cannot be blamed, but when you only score 3 goals over a 3 game stretch (games 2-4), they have to be considering themselves fortunate they are even still alive! Ward in net for Carolina looks like the odds on favorite to win the CS Award, and deservedly so.

Sorry Oiler fans, the gig is up, the Canes will finish off Edmonton tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, the scores have been so small that if the oilers could score they would win three straight imo. The trouble, Ward won't let anything direct in, so they have to go for the rebound goals, but they just aren't firing enough shots to do that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
They only need to win two more in a row to take the Cup! I think it's feasibly possible for them to do it. They won four in a row against the Sharks, so why not thre against the 'Canes? It'll be done!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
As much as i hate edmonton they made this into a interesting series.. but i dont think they will pull this out.. if they do.. well ill feel like an idiot.. ill have to eat the octopi later on that one...

oh well, hopefully carolina wins it! in '02 they were the signature cinderella hockey club.. and well, it was amazing.. they deserve this.. long time coming!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts