Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Blues keep flirting with progress then fall back to earth. The last two losses on home ice to the conference's best teams is frustrating. You know the team isn't generating many chances when all the fans remember the blown calls by the ref. It means there's not enough scoring to help us forget that officiating doesn't decide games, players do.

I said they need to go at least 4-2 in February. Hope they win the last three or they'll be sellers in March!'

Ted

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Nice win tonight. I think if the Blues young guys like Oshie, Perron, and Berglund continue to make progress this team should be a threat in the East in no time. Although Berglund has been in a bit of a slump I don't think a player that good can play that bad for that long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With a 5-4-1 record in the last 10, we are not looking too bad. Hopefully the break will give our guys a break to refocus and come back strong. As for the 3 we have in Canada, hopefully they will bring back some of the energy from playing in the Olympics and re-energize this team to finish up the regular season strong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just above 500 won't cut it...

I agree it's not a bad record considering who we played. But to make it we're going to need 1 or 2 winning streaks. The schedule is a bit kinder but we still face top 4 teams in the West.

I hope that the Olympians return will uplift the team as well.

Until next week...USA...USA...USA!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I agree it's not a bad record considering who we played. But to make it we're going to need 1 or 2 winning streaks. The schedule is a bit kinder but we still face top 4 teams in the West.

I hope that the Olympians return will uplift the team as well.

Until next week...USA...USA...USA!
The olympics should help out the Blues. only Polak, and Johnson are playing I believe. So for the majority most of the players are well rested.

And a guy like T.J Oshie who I feel was robbed by no making team U.S.A should be a little ....ed off and show that he should have been on team U.S.A I think this team is going to really make a run at the playoffs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to EJ get on the score sheet!

I am an EJ fan. Don't get wrong, though, but he seems more confident playing for USA hockey than for the Blues! I hope he's not scarred from Murray's style because I think he made some real progress (despite the 31 game no point streak). I think he'll come back a leader if he uses the olympic medal to boost his confidence. We'll need him if we're to get close to the playoffs!

Hope Backes shuts down Sid the Kid again! Should be a good one on Sunday.

USA USA USA!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Blues V Aves

I don't know if anyone watched the blues v aves game on saturday night but it was a poor showing. Aves won 7-3. I don't really know what the players were thinking. They came off a five day winning streak. We might as well have left our defense in STL because they played horrible. at 2-1 at the end of the first I was not to disappointed in their play. They seemed sluggish and I was hoping that they would shake it off in the second but it only got worse. D'Agostini I thought played pretty well for being a nube to the team. Finally in the third the team started to actually play hockey and play at the level you expect in the NHL but the damage had been done. What are the opinion of some of you who watched the game?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I happily missed the game on account of my job. BUT, don't despair. It's a long season and we're bound to play some clunkers. This was one of those games. the quotes in paper are all about the level of work that night. Maybe scoring first was a bad signal? Made them think they were Gretzky's Oilers? To tell the truth I'm more interested in how they respond on Thursday than despairing over the hiccup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts