Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
7/6/2006 9:18:22 AM

The New Jersey Devils have signed goaltender Jordan Parise to a two year contract.

The University of North Dakota netminder will give up his final season of collegiate hockey in order to begin his NHL journey this fall.

"New Jersey has shown a lot of interest in me during the last year," Parise tells the Grand Forks Herald. "It is a program that is going to give me the opportunity and time to play and develop my skills. I couldn't ask for a better situation."

Parise should be somewhat familiar with the Devils organization as his younger brother Zach plays forward for New Jersey. He says he's looking forward to meeting and playing with future Hall of Famer Martin Brodeur.

"From everything I've heard from Zach, Marty's an amazing guy," Parise said. "He's someone I looked up to when I was growing up - some of the battles he's went through and things he's overcome. He could be a great mentor to me. It's going to be an honor competing with him."

Parise is expected to start next season with New Jersey's AHL affiliate in Lowell.

Parise leaves UND as the all-time leader in goals-against average and save percentage while finishing second in all-time wins with 55 and shutouts with 10.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts