Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://devils.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=335695

I really like this signing. Lamoriello continues to pick up more grit. We finally ahve a fourth line that is both grit and talent.
I would love to see a line of Asham, Rasussen, and Viuhkola or Clarkson.

Here's what the lineup should look like:
Elias-Zubrus-Gionta
Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
Asham-Rasmussen-Clarkson

·
Registered
737 Posts
Not a bad pick up and im sure he isnt making much :) no reason the 4th line if it looks like that together cant put up 20-25 goals..if they get a reasonable amount of playing time.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Asham is the kind of player the Devils have needed on the fourth line for a couple years now. I love Janssen as much as most Devils fans, but his game is very limited right now (hitting and fighting). Asham has more of an all-around game and will fit in well on the fourth line.

I have to say I like the direction Lou is going this offseason. He let two big contract players go in Gomez and Rafalski, signed two cheaper replacements in Zubrus and Rachunek, added some grit and toughness with Vishnevski and Asham, signed Parise for cheap compared to what some other players have gotten, and hired a coach who has the no-nonsense personality they seem to play best under.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Even though we used to make fun of the guys name.

Aaron Asham-e to be an islander i will say lou made a decent signing for the
4th line. Even with this signing did the devils have anyone ready on the farm who could have done the same job?

Although Lou lost some valuable players he went the cheaper root with replacments it remains to be seen if it will be a hit or miss.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Although Lou lost some valuable players he went the cheaper root with replacments it remains to be seen if it will be a hit or miss.
After being handcuffed the last two seasons with the cap (and some bad decisions), I think Lou would like to have some breathing room in case of injuries or to add somebody at the trade deadline.

Somewhat off-topic here, but I think the Rangers could face a similar situation as the Devils last year if they run into injury problems or need to make a move at the deadline. Although I don't think the expectations are quite as high in New York as they are in New Jersey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts