Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scott Gomez arbitration should not be taken as a bad thing for Devils fans. There are at least three teams that have serious interest in Scott Gomez, including Phoenix who have been after Gomer for 3 yrs. Considering the amount of cap space they have left and the number of young stud on the roster, a swap including Gomez and the Dead Cap weight of Vladamir Malakhov (only counts vs. the cap, doesn't need to be paid) for a young NHLer or a prospect would eliviate cap worries for NJ. Using Elias as the pivot, signing Petr Sykora and reestablishing Alex Mogilny might revitalize his career. It's worth a shot considering he would be rotting in the AHL otherwise. The second line would include 48 goal scorer Brian Gionta as well as Jamie Langenbrunner on both sides of stud centermen Zach Parise. Keeping the checkline and the bash line together gives the Devils balance offensively. Resigning Colin White, Paul Martin, and David Hale added to the presense of Lukowich, Matvichuk and ice-time leader Rafalski should work for the Blueline. With a strong push from Goalie of the decade Martin Brodeur, there is no reason the Devils won't be heard this season. And the chip the Devils trade for in the Gomez deal would be a nice addition come the end of the season or next year. Don't fret Devils fans, watching Gomez struggle somewhere else will make this arbitration ruling seem like a blessing in the coming seasons!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Brody30 said:
Don't fret Devils fans, watching Gomez struggle somewhere else will make this arbitration ruling seem like a blessing in the coming seasons!
Welcome aboard Brody30!!

I agree, with these big arbitration rulings, it would be just grand, to see some of these guys suffer for the year!!!! :cheeky4:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
They're willing to "honour" the arbitrators' ruling, but he could still be traded.

If he is to be traded though (a very possible scenario), I thinking they'll be targeting a top 6 centerman.

I really hope Mogliny can make a comeback, he's one of m favourite players in the league, and I'd hate for him to go out the way it looks like he might be going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts