Hockey Fan Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Woohoo, Marty's first shutout of the season! Excellent game all around, hopefully there are more of these down the road. The Devils seemed more physical in this game than they've been most of the season. Maybe it's having Langenbrunner and White, who aren't afraid to take the body, back in the lineup. It's funny how much better the whole team has played with those two back. It'a almost as if the Devils traded for a top six winger and top four defenseman.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Have I mentioned before that Zach Parise is a hockey god? A hat trick plus an assist on the night, and 16 points in his last 9 games. Marty gets his second shutout in 3 games, and the Devils get their sixth straight win to pull within 2 points of the division lead. The only thing missing is Elias (or as I call him the Markus Naslund of the East) getting it going, but as long as the team is winning, I'm not going to complain too loudly.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Things are looking up for us thats for sure...patty may not be putting up many points but sense he has gone to center..its been better :)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Well, it wasn't the prettiest win against the Thrashers, but I'll take it. Marty was brilliant in the shootout, making three very solid saves to back up Gionta's patented backhand shootout goal. 7 wins in a row now, hopefully they can make it 8 against the Bruins. We'll see the old Devils against the new Devils with Julien and Sutter facing off.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
and the new devils come through..what a amazing game...good job boys

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I love the "never say die" attitude this team has been playing with during this streak. Down 3-0 after the first period, they keep working and come back to win it in overtime. What a way to keep the streak alive.

That game winning goal was a thing of beauty. Elias passes back to Greene, Greene passes to Brookbank who makes a nice pass to Parise, who drops the puck and drives the net, taking the two defenders out long enough to let Elias wrip a wrist shot past Rask. Patty's looked like the old Patty since they moved him to center between Parise and Gionta.

Here's hoping they make it 9 in a row on Scott Stevens Night.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
What's that I see? The Devils atop the Atlantic and behind only the Sens in the East? Who'd have thought we'd be saying that just a month ago, with the inconsistency they had the first 19 games of the year. I just hope they don't start getting overconfident.

It's shaping up for a nice showdown on Sunday with the Rangers. I know they won the first three games this year, but they haven't played this Devils team yet. I'm hoping Marty gets either the Rangers or Caps game off, he really should get a rest. I'm thinking it'll be Marty on Sunday and Weekes on Monday.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Granted the Devils led the entire game last night that was probably the sloppiest of the streak but was still pretty good. I'm sure Sutter is gonna be on their ass to bring their A game into the garden sunday..after all whats a streak for the devils if the rangers werent beatin in it

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I love it how at the beginning of each season, everyone counts us out. The beginnnig of the season was worrisome, but once again, we have proven everyone wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
It's always nice to lose by a goal when the league screws up and calls off a goal because of a "distinctive kicking motion". What's funny to me is that the only kicking motion Mottau made was with his left skate, when the puck went in off his right skate. I'm not sure where the hell the indisputable evidence was, considering they called it a goal on the ice. Oh well, move on I guess...

61 - 72 of 72 Posts