Hockey Fan Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Mad a question?

Last season the devils won all those games going into the playoffs and swept the rangers then lost in second round with LOU.
SO this season there going in just playing decent. so with all this how does LOU expect them to be beter?

There obviously not the same team as last year. Lou is not going to make a difference IMO. not that it matters to you what i think. but since LOU didnt get it done last season i dont see how he will this season also.
So because they didn't win it all with Lou the first time, the second time is bound to be a failure? I still maintain that if they hadn't lost that heartbreaking Game 2 against the Canes that they would have made a series of it, but that doesn't really matter anymore.

For whatever reason, everybody seems to ignore every post I make about there being problems behind the scenes that we don't know about. I don't know why I even bother to bring it up anymore, since some are seemingly content just to argue for the sake of arguing. You want to continue to bitch and moan about Lou, go right on ahead. I'm sick and damned tired of defending somebody who has better connections with his own team than any one of us fans, for making a move he feels is in the best interests of that team. Apparently nothing less than Lou getting tarred and feathered would make some people happy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Let me ask you this Dave. Have you watched the Devils every game this season? ..... Until somebody actually involved in it comes out with some statement as to what really happened, I'm giving Lou the benefit of the doubt.
No I have not seen every game they've played, hell I haven't even seen every Canucks game for that matter. Even granting everything you say MD does it not give you pause to rethink when, as Daryl pointed out in an earlier post;

"Lou is Lou. In the last dozen years, he's gone through (and Devils fans can correct me on this if I'm incorrect) eleven coaches. This firing says a lot about Lou Lamoriello and much less about Claude Julien. Different coaches keep winning, and they keep getting fired."

I think this is a pretty telling point MD. All those coaches aren't the problem, the current level of intensity the team is playing with isn't IMO, the problem. Lou needs to look in a mirror.

But what offends me so much about this is the fact that Lou took Julien's chance for a Stanley Cup away and as far as I can see, for no good reason. Julien worked long and hard to get where he is and where he is, is at the top of the league with a very successful team. Lou had no reason to cheat him like this.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
So because they didn't win it all with Lou the first time, the second time is bound to be a failure? I still maintain that if they hadn't lost that heartbreaking Game 2 against the Canes that they would have made a series of it, but that doesn't really matter anymore.

For whatever reason, everybody seems to ignore every post I make about there being problems behind the scenes that we don't know about. I don't know why I even bother to bring it up anymore, since some are seemingly content just to argue for the sake of arguing. You want to continue to bitch and moan about Lou, go right on ahead. I'm sick and damned tired of defending somebody who has better connections with his own team than any one of us fans, for making a move he feels is in the best interests of that team. Apparently nothing less than Lou getting tarred and feathered would make some people happy.:rolleyes:
i read your post about behind the sceens and i watched stan fishcler and my conclusion is your always gona have players or a player who doesnt like his coach or system for whatever reason. im sure there will be devils players also with mix feelings that Julien is gone and lou has returned. but what it comes down to is that LOU put this team together hired the coach all of his doings. and now he thinks he is the one who is gona repair it all imo the devils just had some injuries and would of been fine. but Lou instead of saying he made some wrong moves that didnt work out in the best interest of what he thinks devils hockey is supposed to be about. went on and said something i really didnt believe in.

anyway whats done is done. time will tell Lou made his biggest mistake in 20 years.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i read your post about behind the sceens and i watched stan fishcler and my conclusion is your always gona have players or a player who doesnt like his coach or system for whatever reason. im sure there will be devils players also with mix feelings that Julien is gone and lou has returned. but what it comes down to is that LOU put this team together hired the coach all of his doings. and now he thinks he is the one who is gona repair it all imo the devils just had some injuries and would of been fine. but Lou instead of saying he made some wrong moves that didnt work out in the best interest of what he thinks devils hockey is supposed to be about. went on and said something i really didnt believe in.

anyway whats done is done. time will tell Lou made his biggest mistake in 20 years.
ok you just said it. Lou put the team together and doesnt like where its going..if he didnt think julien could fix it...why not try and fix HIS team and his mistakes as you put it...if the devs kept claude and bowed out early you would be saying the same things..lou put a so so team together etc etc..well if he did realize it atleast he's trying to fix his mistake...and it didnt take him 8 yrs to do so

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Seriously LOUser is just a glory dog that wants all the attention brought to him I think he likes to hear himself talk because he always finds a way to get the media attention he craves every two weeks.

MICKEYMOUSE.
What are you trying to say?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Seriously LOUser is just a glory dog that wants all the attention brought to him I think he likes to hear himself talk because he always finds a way to get the media attention he craves every two weeks.

MICKEYMOUSE.
Can somebody please give me some solid proof that this whole thing is just about Lou's ego? God forbid he try to make a change that he feels is best for his team. How about we leave it to the guy who actually knows what the hell is going on with the team to make that decision? Oh I forget, everybody who's calling for Lou's head knows exactly what goes on behind the scenes with the Devils.

I suppose this was the conversation Lou had with Julien...

"What's up Lou?"

"I'm afraid I'm going to have let you go today Claude."

"Why? Our team seems to be doing relatively well."

"Well, see I'm not getting enough headlines right now."

"What do you mean?"

"Marty could possibly set a modern wins record and win the Hart and/or Vezina this season. He's getting more headlines than I am, and I just can't have that."

"But Lou, what about all the non Devils fans who know what's really going on with this team? Won't they throw a holy hell fit over this?"

"Probably, but they'll just go back into whatever hole they crawled out of once the season is over. Besides, my ego just doesn't give a damn anymore."

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
ok you just said it. Lou put the team together and doesnt like where its going..if he didnt think julien could fix it...why not try and fix HIS team and his mistakes as you put it...if the devs kept claude and bowed out early you would be saying the same things..lou put a so so team together etc etc..well if he did realize it atleast he's trying to fix his mistake...and it didnt take him 8 yrs to do so
Ok ill make my point more clear then.

Lou put his team and coach here. maybe he should be the one to step down. maybe its just his time.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Ok ill make my point more clear then.

Lou put his team and coach here. maybe he should be the one to step down. maybe its just his time.
So I guess anytime something goes wrong a GM should fire himself for putting his team there. I guess Sather should have fired himself for the Rags failures for years, I guess Lowe and Rutherford should fire themselves since their teams failed to make the playoffs the year after winning the Cup.

Lou hired a guy he thought would get the job done, and for whatever reason felt that he was no longer getting the job done. I'm sure the "well, they're doing well in the standings" argument is going to come up again because some can't look past a team's record when it comes to how well that team is playing. There is no way anyone of us can know exactly what was going on between Claude Julien and his players. If your players aren't responding to a coach anymore, should you just go with him anyway because you only have 3 games left in the season?

Coaches get hired and fired all the time in the NHL, and now some are bitching about it because of the timing of the firing. What does it matter what time of the season it is if you feel that your coach can't win a championship for you? It just baffles me why some people are making such a big deal out of this...

·
Registered
737 Posts
So I guess anytime something goes wrong a GM should fire himself for putting his team there. I guess Sather should have fired himself for the Rags failures for years, I guess Lowe and Rutherford should fire themselves since their teams failed to make the playoffs the year after winning the Cup.

Lou hired a guy he thought would get the job done, and for whatever reason felt that he was no longer getting the job done. I'm sure the "well, they're doing well in the standings" argument is going to come up again because some can't look past a team's record when it comes to how well that team is playing. There is no way anyone of us can know exactly what was going on between Claude Julien and his players. If your players aren't responding to a coach anymore, should you just go with him anyway because you only have 3 games left in the season?

Coaches get hired and fired all the time in the NHL, and now some are bitching about it because of the timing of the firing. What does it matter what time of the season it is if you feel that your coach can't win a championship for you? It just baffles me why some people are making such a big deal out of this...
I guess everyone thinks lou owes claude something...yeah the rest of his contract money thats it. which im sure claude has already recieved.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'll give Lou the benefit of the doubt as he usually seems to know what he's doing. Although they've only really had problems as a result of injury, I'm thinking along the lines of MD: there was some internal friction at work.

I don't think it's fair to say that he's a glory hog given the fact he's been credited as one of (if not the best) General Manager in the league for years. He really doesn't need the recognition of coaching a team to a championship so why would he risk his reputation for that reason alone?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'll give Lou the benefit of the doubt as he usually seems to know what he's doing. Although they've only really had problems as a result of injury, I'm thinking along the lines of MD: there was some internal friction at work.

I don't think it's fair to say that he's a glory hog given the fact he's been credited as one of (if not the best) General Manager in the league for years. He really doesn't need the recognition of coaching a team to a championship so why would he risk his reputation for that reason alone?
They had another problem also. they were too close to the cap limit and could not really add any depth at the trade deadline. this is also LOU'S fault.

One would possibly think if they had the added depth maybe the devils be the team that lou wanted.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
They had another problem also. they were too close to the cap limit and could not really add any depth at the trade deadline. this is also LOU'S fault.

One would possibly think if they had the added depth maybe the devils be the team that lou wanted.
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

I think we get the point that you don't like Lou Krypt.;)

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

I think we get the point that you don't like Lou Krypt.;)
lol what no 4th horse. Lou has done a great job mad being there for 20 years is almost unheard of for any GM in any sports today.

He sure does have guts ill give him that.

I never hated him i still dont. i just dont like how he handled the entire julien thing. at least he is holding onto him in some other organazation job. unkown title at this time. who knows maybe after playoffs he name him coach again.

anything is possible.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts