Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I also believe the same, now he can avoid that and still have a minor job in the Devils orginization. Being 63,I think his retirement is correct for him.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I can't really blame Lemaire. I sure as hell wouldn't want to coach the Devils. This is a team that since the lockout has pretty much forced Larry Robinson to step down, gave up on Claude Julien, reportedly tuned Brent Sutter out, and now didn't show up with Lemaire behind the bench.

This is ALL on the players. They have nobody to blame but themselves for losing again, and if they even attempt to blame Lemaire or anything else they can **** off.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't really blame Lemaire. I sure as hell wouldn't want to coach the Devils. This is a team that since the lockout has pretty much forced Larry Robinson to step down, gave up on Claude Julien, reportedly tuned Brent Sutter out, and now didn't show up with Lemaire behind the bench.

This is ALL on the players. They have nobody to blame but themselves for losing again, and if they even attempt to blame Lemaire or anything else they can **** off.
Weren't we talking last week about how players like Brodeur have been running coaches out of town for years on this team?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Weren't we talking last week about how players like Brodeur have been running coaches out of town for years on this team?
I think Lou's loyalty to certain players has backfired on him. They seem to think that they run the team instead of the coach, and unfortunately Lou's allowed them to keep doing it.

The Devils actually played better the first half of the season when younger guys were in the lineup and the players bought into Lemaire's system. Then guys started to come back from injury and veterans got more playing time and they went straight down the ****ter.

They need to get younger, faster, and hungrier this offseason...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts