Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Devils are having an up side down season. Right no standing 15th which equals last in the Conference and last in the Division! their playing L.A tonight that game's in progress right now. Now, if you look at the Devils roster like. Kovalchuk, Parise, Zajac, Arnott, Elias, Langenbrunner. How are they having a bad season with all of those good players? Do they not know how to play together (not enough Chemistry)?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Devils go down on a goal by Justin Williams for L.A.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Devils only goal is scored by Mike Taormina. Assisted by Arnott and Clarkson. Their down 3-1 in the 2nd.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Devils lose 3-1 against the Kings. With Parise injured, this could be really bad.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
So with Parise out, does Kovy go back to the LW?

It should give Kovy even more opportunity to score.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
And the season from ******* hell continues. They finally get a decent win against the Ducks, then lose Parise and the game in Los Angeles. What next?:mad:

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the season from ******* hell continues. They finally get a decent win against the Ducks, then lose Parise and the game in Los Angeles. What next?:mad:
Hey dude no need for the F-U-C-K-I-N-G- and all of that. Sabres are in the same spot and I'm not really mad. They just suck that's all you say. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Hey dude no need for the F-U-C-K-I-N-G- and all of that. Sabres are in the same spot and I'm not really mad. They just suck that's all you say. :laugh:
There's a reason there's a censor on here you know.

The Devils held on after blowing a 2-0 lead to beat the Hawks 5-3 tonight, so hopefully it'll be the turning point.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The Devils are so inept offensively it's not even funny. They've yet to win a game at home, and have scored a whopping 5 goals in their last 5 home games. Here's an idea, how about getting some god damn traffic in front of the opposing teams goaltender instead of playing hot potato with the puck around the perimeter on the PP? It's honestly just hard to watch them anymore...

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
5-13-2

A quarter of the way through the season and the Devils have a whopping 12 points in the standings. At this pace they won't even break 50 on the season, after having 103 last year.

They could have had at least a 13th point tonight if they didn't get completely ****ed by the refs. Puck is loose under McKenna, the Blues whack away at it for a good 3-4 seconds, eventually knocking it in. Not two minutes later, same situation at the other end, Halak covers the puck, not even a second afterwards Gionta takes a whack at it, and gets a penalty. What kind of ******* bull**** is that?

This season is something out of a horror movie. Devils get ****ed by the refs on the first goal, the puck bounces off the boards behind McKenna than goes in off the back of his pants, and then the third goal is off a deflection. Finally a decent effort and they still lose thanks to bad bounces and completely incompetent officiating.

:mad::eek::cry:confused:

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Switch to the Sabres :D their 2 points out of 7th place!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Did I mention how much this team ******* sucks?

Tonight I saw something I never thought I'd see. The Devils let Eric Boulton score a hat trick against them. Yes, you read that corrently. Eric Boulton. Eric ******* Boulton.

On the bright side, the Devils look pretty solid for a top 5 pick in the draft. The last time they drafted that high was 20 years ago when they drafted Niedermayer 3rd overall. Hmmm...Niedermayer in 1991...Larsson in 2011?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kovalchuk is starting to get back on track with a couple goals and assist, but obviously not effecting the team.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Devils continue to struggle with a 4-1 loss to the Maple Leafs.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The losses don't even hurt anymore. It's funny how much easier it is to handle them when you accept the season is over, which I did a couple weeks ago. The only thing I want from this season is to see the Devils find their identity. They've been without one all season, and until they find it again they won't be winning anytime soon. I don't care if it means going back to the dreaded trap, I just want to see them become hard to play against again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts