456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Red Wings have experience and are very mobile and
agile on their skates. This alone will be too much for
Nashville to handle. Red Wings in five.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I think this will end up being one of, if not the best series in the first round. I love both of these teams. Both have great goaltending, a very sound defense in all three zones, and dynamic offensive players. Both teams have skill guys to bury the puck, and tough guys who give you hell on the forecheck. I've gone back and forth in this series and no respect to the Wings but I think the Preds take it in 7, I often go to goaltending when I find myself in a toss up and I like Rinne more than Howard right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Weber Headslam on Zetterberg

So folks what did you think of Weber grabbing Zett by the back of the neck and slamming his head into glass as time expired...?? He did recieve a 2min minor...Suspension worthy...??? Intent to injure...???Not a good showing by the guys in stripes to start what should be a very good series....Let the players decide the game..not the whistles..?? IMO....:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think Weber deserves at least a game, if not more, for that. It's was completely unnecessary. The game was over, Nashville had won, and now they could be without their captain for a few games. Just a stupid play by Weber.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NastyVille

WTF..Shanny...??? If that had been Crosbaby getting her head slammed into the glass like that... Weber would have been cleaning Bettmans pool by 6am this-morning...Seriously..??? All we've heard this year is player safety...Blows to the head...etc...Then this POS take a players head and pulls a WWF move slamming Z's head into the glass For F-Sakes..??His Flippin Helmet was broken from the force.!! I guess when your the "Captain" of a team that the League wants to go deep into the playoffs you can just about get away with anything...Especially when you are facing the Wings...Whats next ...?? Ask any true Hockey Fan and they would agree this deserved a suspension....You really dropped the ball on this 1 NHL ...SHAME ON YOU...!!!!Time to turn Kronwall loose, Babcock...But then he would get thrown out for rest of season for a move like that....Hope your happy Bettman You Don't belong in Hockey :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yeah, I think Shanahan definitely dropped the ball on this one. He should have sat Weber for at least a game instead of what is basically a slap on the wrist fine.

Speaking of fines, they really need to look at changing the fines in the next CBA. It's ridiculous that a player gets fined $2,500 for attempting to injure a player, yet a coach gets fined $20,000 for swearing too much in a post-game interview.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Congrats to Nashville for being the first team to advance to the second round. I've liked their team for a few years now, probably because they remind me of the Devils. Great defense and goaltending, combined with good forwards and a strong work ethic. I'd like to see them come out of the West this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts