Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
So if we want to make the playoffs we can't give up pucks like the way we did last night that lead to the tieing goal.

Horrible.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yeah, I'm not liking our chances anymore. We have to win this game, or we're out as far as I'm concerned, cuz Calgary is on a streak, and they just won their game today. So all of our games from now on are must wins, especially the ones against Calgary.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Backbreaking loss tonight to put the Avs seven points back...but, the season isn't over till it's over.

Games remaining for the Avs:
Code:
at Phoenix
vs Minnesota
at Calgary	
at Vancouver
vs Nashville
vs Calgary
Games remaining for the Flames:
Code:
at Minnesota	
at Vancouver
vs Colorado	
at San Jose	
vs Edmonton
at Colorado
It goes without saying that the Avs have to win both Calgary games in regulation, but I think the following is a fairly likely scenario considering how well the Avs have been playing and how anemic the Flames are on the road:

Colorado wins in Phoenix, Calgary loses in Minnesota -- five point deficit
Colorado wins against Minnesota, Calgary loses in Vancouver -- three point deficit
Colorado wins against Calgary -- one point deficit
Colorado loses to Vancouver, Calgary loses to San Jose -- one point deficit
Colorado loses in OT/SO to Nashville, Calgary wins against Edmonton -- two point deficit
Colorado wins against Calgary -- tied, Colorado has higher wins for the tiebreaker.

Obviously it goes down to the two head-to-head games and obviously Colorado can't lose either. However, if they do win both, they may be able to lose a game (or two in overtime) considering Minnesota is the first playoff team Calgary has beaten on the road since December.

10-1-2 in the last 13 is still downright outstanding however you slice it, and the season is not over until it's over.

That is all...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ohh God...I'm S**Ting my pants everytime the Avs play. This is so fricken scary actually being in a playoff race. Every year we always make the playoffs for sure. There is usually a X or whatever, by our name around this time of year saying we have clinched a playoff spot. :hands:

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
And with Calgary winning the Avs are seven back again...Flames magic number is 2, if they win any of their last four they're in without question. IF Calgary drops one in OT and the Avs run the table, they would be tied and Colorado would hold the tiebreaker for more wins. Of course, the Avs' next game is against Calgary, so the playoffs could be decided as soon as Tuesday.

However, the season still is not over...

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
And with Calgary winning the Avs are seven back again...Flames magic number is 2, if they win any of their last four they're in without question. IF Calgary drops one in OT and the Avs run the table, they would be tied and Colorado would hold the tiebreaker for more wins. Of course, the Avs' next game is against Calgary, so the playoffs could be decided as soon as Tuesday.

However, the season still is not over...
Okay, there is still some hope; not much, but I believe we will prevail.
GO AVS GO!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Must be really frustrating, winning so many games at the end of the season and bairly even making ground on the Flames.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, if we win every single game and the flames don't win any of the rest of their games, we're in. But...who thinks that will actually happen? This is a very very very long shot.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Well, if we win every single game and the flames don't win any of the rest of their games, we're in. But...who thinks that will actually happen? This is a very very very long shot.
:hands: :hands: :hands:

If we had a stronger D core and a more consistant goaltender at the start of the year, we would be fighting for first in the NW, maybe even overall in the West. The second leading scoring team in the league may not make the playoffs, go figure.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

If we had a stronger D core and a more consistant goaltender at the start of the year, we would be fighting for first in the NW, maybe even overall in the West. The second leading scoring team in the league may not make the playoffs, go figure.
If Pronger and Spacek were playing for Oilers, we would've been in the playoffs! ;)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

We're actually fifth in the league...second in the west, i believe. Lol. But yeah, kinda makes me wish we were seeded on like goals, lol.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts