Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The DCHL is still full but we may have a GM or two fall off the wagon in the near future and I'd love to have some folks ready to jmp in when that happens. Having said that, if you're interested in joining an active and fun STHS based hockey league send me an e-mail from the link on the DCHL homepage and we can hopefully get you onto the waiting list when an opening arrives. It's a GREAT group of GM's and the league is very active. I assure you that you'll find this league very challenging on a number of fronts.

http://www.kellythedog.com/dcharron

Looking forward to hearing from you..

Tacka dig
Dank u
Merci
Danke

Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
DCHL is looking for one GM

The DCHL is looking for one capable GM who is interested in a General Manager position of one of our current franchises. DCHL uses the STHS platform.

I’d like to invite you to look at the DCHL.

The DCHL is comprised of 20 teams based on traditional hockey markets, or as I like to call it...the way it should still be. The GM’s of these teams are quite active and you’ll see that once you’re registered on the message boards. They’re a highly competitive group who spend a fair amount of time trying to improve their teams through trades, good drafting, or strategic free agent signings. The free agency in the DCHL is unlike most sim hockey leagues as it uses true negotiations to form contract extensions and free agent signing. There are no free rides in terms of keeping players just because you’ve had a certain player for ages. Players sign as UFA’s where they’re going to get the best opportunity and financial remuneration.

The DCHL is not a perfect league but it is a dedicated league which is perpetual in nature. Although rosters begin with a representative appearance reflective of NHL rosters, there is no expectation that this will continue as trades, retirement, and free agency start to misshapen the roster formations. Since the DCHL progresses at a pace faster than the NHL, you can expect fictional players to be included into approximately every 2nd draft class.

I’m looking for people who want to jump in with both feet and start moulding their franchise into the type of organization they want it to be and who want to support the foundation of this league with your efforts. This league will only grow to be as good as those who participate in it.

http://www.kellythedog.com/dcharron

Thanks for your time

Dave Charron
DCHL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FREE Hockey Simulation

FREE SIM HOCKEY​

The DCHL is an innovative FREE web based hockey simulation league where YOU become the General Manager of a professional hockey team with responsibility to build a winning franchise. You’ll manage your organization through your teams personalized web portal.

I’d like to extend an invitation to join the DCHL. The DCHL is a 20-team league using the STHS platform for operations. The DCHL does not permit absentee ownership so if you are interested, expect to be actively involved in building a winning franchise.

The GM’s in the league are a highly competitive group who spend a fair amount of time trying to improve their teams through trades, good drafting, or strategic free agent signings.

The DCHL is a dedicated league which is perpetual in nature. Although rosters begin with a representative appearance reflective of NHL rosters, there is no expectation that this will continue as trades, retirement, and free agency start to misshapen the roster formations. Since the DCHL progresses at a pace faster than the NHL, you can expect fictional players to be included into approximately every 2nd draft class.

The DCHL is looking for people who want to jump in with both feet and start moulding their franchise into the type of organization they want it to become and who wants to support the foundation of this league with your efforts. This league will only grow to be as good as those who participate in it.

Why pay for your sim hockey experience?

Play for free at
http://www.kellythedog.com/dcharron/home.php?team=0

Join our list of interested participants at the following link
http://www.kellythedog.com/dcharron/contact.php

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DCHL -- looking for one quality GM

The DCHL is looking for one quality addition to our group of great GM’s. The DCHL has had to make the tough decision to say goodbye to our franchise owner of the Quebec Nordiques and as a result we have a rare opening.

The DCHL uses the STHS platform for simulations. We are currently in our free agent period and due to begin the pre-season within the next ten days.
The need for active and participatory members is the backbone of any successful league.

Having said that, there are a few things you need to know about the DCHL before you can say this league is right for you.

• The DCHL progresses at a brisk pace whereas we sim two sim dates per calendar day. This means each season is completed in less than half of a calendar year. The choice was to do one of three option...use fictional players in approximately every 3rd draft class, have very long extended periods with no league activity (likely 6 months), or spread the current season over a longer period of time whereas teams would go stretches of several days during the season with no games and still have an extended off-season. In consideration of the choices and in light of the fact that the real NHL drafts only once per year, there is a need to fill the time void. We progress forward with approximately every 3rd draft class to be fictional named players.

• The rerates are based on the players actual performance in the sim league itself. We do not do NHL based rerates. Although teams begin with names and attributes somewhat consistent with their NHL namesakes these do fade and become distorted over the course of time as rerates, newly drafted players, and regular ebbs and flows of the league misshapen that type of familiarity.

• Having MSN is a distinct advantage when it comes to the enjoyment of being able to converse with your fellow GM’s. Trade offers come more frequently to those on MSN. 75% of the current group are on MSN. My preference is to have GM’s on MSN and using MSN.

• Above all, participation is the key to a successful GM in the DCHL. Answering ALL trade offers in a polite and professional manner even when some offers may seem absurd. Participation in free agency, amateur draft, and the various league award ballots are mandatory as part of the infrastructure of building a successful league.

If you are interested, please visit our website and contact me from the link at the bottom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DCHL has an opening - Canucks

I am willing to turn control of the Vancouver Canucks to the right GM provided he's a top notch participant with a proven track record of dedication and excellence.

I am the commissioner and my goal is to facilitate the league, not necessarily operate a team myself. I have had the Canucks for about one season and the team is in good shape but getting fairly long in the tooth. The Canucks are currently third overall (out of 20 teams) and the Manitoba Moose are 4th overall in the AHL after winning the Calder Cup last season.

Having said that, there are a few things you need to know about the DCHL before you can say this league is right for you.

•The DCHL progresses at a brisk pace whereas most teams play every day of the season with days added for rest. This means each season is completed in less than half of a calendar year. The choice was to do one of three option...use fictional players in approximately every 3rd draft class, have very long extended periods with no league activity (likely 6 months), or spread the current season over a longer period of time whereas teams would go stretches of several days during the season with no games and still have an extended off-season. In consideration of the choices and in light of the fact that the real NHL drafts only once per year, there is a need to fill the time void. We progress forward with approximately every 2nd or 3rd draft class to be fictional named players. There is really is no ideal solution to the time crunch.

•The rerates are based on the players actual performance in the sim league itself. We do not do NHL based rerates. Although teams begin with names and attributes somewhat consistent with their NHL namesakes these do fade and become distorted over the course of time as rerates, newly drafted players, and regular ebbs and flows of the league misshapen that type of familiarity.

•Having MSN is a distinct advantage when it comes to the enjoyment of being able to converse with your fellow GM’s. Trade offers come more frequently to those on MSN. 75% of the current group are on MSN. My preference is to have GM’s on MSN and using MSN.

•Above all, participation is the key to a successful GM in the DCHL. Answering ALL trade offers in a polite and professional manner even when some offers may seem absurd. Participation in free agency, amateur draft, and the various league award ballots are mandatory as part of the infrastructure of building a successful league.

I’m sure this is a lot to consider when deciding if the DCHL is right for you. We are mid way through the 2009/2010 season.

I’d like you to consider what I have said above and ask you to read through the rules of the league which can be found on the website itself.

I can be reached through the links on the homepage

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The DCHL is nearing conclusion of its third season and I would like to thank those of you who discovered the league through www.hockeyforum.com as many of our most successful General Managers found us through the pages on this website.

We’re looking forward to many more seasons of fun and success and if you’re interested in becoming part of the DCHL please contact me through the league website.

www.dchlhockey.com
www.kellythedog.com/dcharron/home.php?team=0

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DCHL - MTL Canadiens AVAILABLE

DCHL has a rare opening for a General Manager for the Montreal Canadiens franchise.

The DCHL uses the STHS platform for simulations. The need for active and participatory members is the backbone of any successful league.

• The DCHL progresses at a brisk pace whereas we sim every day. This means each season is completed in less than half of a calendar year. Therefore we break the NHL draft into two parts...one DCHL season we use the odd numbered players selected in the NHL draft and the following season we use the even number selected players.

• The rerates are mostly based on the players actual performance in the sim league itself. We do however permit two NHL based rerates per DCHL season to allow players to be re-created to better reflect their NHL namesakes abilities. We do not try and mirror the NHL, that isn’t our intent although you will see a lot of similarity.

• Having MSN is a distinct advantage when it comes to the enjoyment of being able to converse with your fellow GM’s. Trade offers come more frequently to those on MSN. 100% of the current group are on MSN. My preference is to have GM’s on MSN and using MSN.

• Above all, participation is the key to a successful GM in the DCHL. Answering ALL trade offers in a polite and professional manner even when some offers may seem absurd. Participation in free agency, amateur draft, and the various league award ballots are mandatory as part of the infrastructure of building a successful league.

I’m looking for people who want to jump in with both feet and start moulding their franchise into the type of organization they want it to be and who want to support the foundation of this league with your efforts. This league will only grow to be as good as those who participate in it.

I can be reached from the link near the top of the homepage. Please read and understand the rules prior to applying.

DCHL

Thank you for your time and I look forward to further discussions with you

http://www.kellythedog.com/dcharron/home.php?team=0 (portal site)

http://www.dchlhockey.com (website)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts