Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/12/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_to_mis.html

Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk will miss four weeks with a broken right hand/wrist, coach Mike Babcock said following his team's 5-4 overtime victory Wednesday over the Vancouver Canucks

"It's unfortunate, there's nothing we can do about it. We got to find a way to dig in, just like we did tonight to get the game done,'' Babcock said. "More opportunity for someone else. We know Pav's a good player and we know he's coming back. He gets a little bit of vacation so he's ready for the playoffs.''

Datsyuk does not need surgery. His hand will be placed in a cast.

"It sounds like something that's going to heal, no problem,'' Babcock said. "It's just a matter where he needs some time.''

Datsyuk was injured with about 1:30 remaining in the first period, when he tripped over former teammate Mikael Samuelsson in front of the Vancouver net and landed awkwardly on the wrist.
Devastating news, but at least he'll be healed up by the playoffs.

I'm hoping that Tatar or Mursak (or maybe Ilari?) are called up. I have no desire for seeing that fourth line being broken up, nor do I have any desire to see Draper on the third line with Hudler and Abdelkader. I thought that Mursak should have had a spot on this team from day one with the way he performed during training camp, and would have had it not been for Modano and Draper being up.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom
Cleary - Filppula - Bertuzzi
Mursak/Tatar - Abdelkader - Hudler
Miller - Helm - Eaves

Blah, what a bummer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts