Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like crosby is looking for calls, he just flops to the ice faster than anything that i have ever seen,

1. Jason Blake-- spears Crosby slightly and Crosby just drops to the ice until he wants to say a few words to Blake

YouTube - Blake Speared All Star Teammate Crosby

2. Maxime Lapiere-- "unintentionally" puts his stick into Crosby's ribs and Crosby flops down "in pain" until he wants to talk trash to Lapiere

3. Tomas Pletanek-- high sticks Crosby slightly and Crosby drops as if he was slashed by McSorley, I think Donald Brasher handeled his high stick better

People really relized it when Downey told Crosby "polietly" to stop flopping down so easy. I dont agree with Downey telling Crosby but i believe he is correct. The guy is expected to get hit.... its hockey, not basketball

I think officals have to keep calling penalties on Crosby for diving until he learns his lesson. Don Cherry cant stand divers or ppl looking for calls, and the fans should be too!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Ahh, Sid's still learning how far he can take things before it's crossed the line. I don't care if he flops, in fact, if I were a Pens fan I'd hope he does. Do whatever it takes to get your team an advantage. All sorts of players in all major sports league try to dupe the officals and if they fall for it, it's not the players fault.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cherry

shookem said:
Ahh, Sid's still learning how far he can take things before it's crossed the line. I don't care if he flops, in fact, if I were a Pens fan I'd hope he does. Do whatever it takes to get your team an advantage. All sorts of players in all major sports league try to dupe the officals and if they fall for it, it's not the players fault.
Tell that to Don Cherry.... he would rip you new @$$hole if you told him that lol

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
First I cant believe you people are trashing thee best hockey player in the world this moment. Calling him a pussy is definitely not true. But I did think the Blake incident he took a little to far because it wasn't that big of a spear at all. Second a knob end of a stick could knock the wind right out of you if you get it in the stomach and it will hurt. Lapeirre off of Montreal did mean to do it trying to get Crosby of his game right off the bat, and it was a smart play on Lapierres part. And Francis Boullion got his stick up in Crosbys face not plekanec. And that looked to be by far the most painful. No one can say a stick right to the face wouldent hurt because boy those can be painful. And while he did go down quite fast it probably was pretty painful because Boullions stick came up pretty fast. But he will learn to adapt and not take dives like this in the near future but as long as hes drawing penalties then hes completing part of his job. Sid no doubt is still the best player in the world at the moment along side with Alex the great

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Canuck said:
First I cant believe you people are trashing thee best hockey player in the world this moment. Calling him a pussy is definitely not true.
I'm not saying he's not the best hockey player in the world, I'm just calling him a pussy because that's what he is. Mario should teach him a thing or two.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
habs11s said:
Tell that to Don Cherry.... he would rip you new @$$hole if you told him that lol
Don Cherry is a relic and only around for nostalgia and entertainment purposes. I look forward to watching him as much as the next guy but I certainly don't let him shape my opinion of what is a penalty or a tough player.

Diving during a pond hockey game is wrong, in the NHL anything that gives your team the chance to win is what you're getting paid millions of dollars for.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Sherek X said:
I'm not saying he's not the best hockey player in the world, I'm just calling him a pussy because that's what he is. Mario should teach him a thing or two.
Right now for the simple argument that the NHL is the best league in the world and Sidney is the top scorer in the best league would make him the best player in the world.

Second it's not like Super Mario never hit the ice from a phantom punch. And Mario was 6'4".

The real question that everybody should be asking around the league is why hasn't the Pens gone out to find somebody to stick up for these star players they are grooming??? Why not get Derian Hatcher with his 19 minutes a game and 4 PIMs to slap these guys around when they touch Sidney, Evgeni and Jordan? He's available and probably a better defenseman than what they have (how scary is that thought....).

Lastly I ask the Sidney accusers to go back through the season game film. Sidney has been speared I believe three times, run from behind countless times and overall been abused more than any other NHLer. You wouldn't see Jarome Iginla get speared like that because either Iggy would get him back or Regehr or Phanuef or Warrener or Ference or McCarty would be after him.

Where's the message in this? Get somebody to protect your stars even if your stars can protect themselves. Cam Neely didn't have to fight everybody that ran him from behind or threw a knee (see what happened to Ulf it wasn't Cam that got him).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actin' School Anyone?

shookem said:
Diving during a pond hockey game is wrong, in the NHL anything that gives your team the chance to win is what you're getting paid millions of dollars for.
Sounds like you dont even like the game for the actual game, i would rather see teams lose games they should lose than have some actors fall and pretend to be hurt

These "Hollywood actors" are hurting the sport more than anything

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
habs11s said:
Sounds like you dont even like the game for the actual game, i would rather see teams lose games they should lose than have some actors fall and pretend to be hurt

These "Hollywood actors" are hurting the sport more than anything
I'm all for protecting the leagues greatest assests, ie, it's players.

And when a star player goes through a series a hacks I support his decision to try to get the attention of the refs.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I do find that he whines a lot, even with all the calls that the refs let go against him.

I'm never one for diving... at all. Even in Crosby's case, where the refs for some reason don't want to do what they have to do. Whether he dives or not isn't going to get them to call a penalty any more than going down for real will. If they do call one, it would be for diving, but they won't even do that.

As I've said before, I don't like the guy, but the way the games are being called when he's involved are just sad, and leaves the NHL with more on their hands to deal with.

Simply put (as Sherek X said), the team needs help.

Real gritty help.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Don't mistake whinning with talking to the refs. Gretzky developed that persona that he was a whiner when in truth he was more often than not just talking to the refs, not complaining about a call or pleading for one. As a coach I do the same thing. Talk to the refs to build a relationship and hopefully it works in your favor down the road. It has for me for sure.

I'm not claiming that Sidney doesn't whine because I've seen the footage of that as well, I'm just saying every time somebody talks to a ref it isn't always pleading for a penalty call.

Besides he's only 19 lots of time to grow into his role.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Crosby is a joke of a hockey player, its why I like Ovechkin a hundred times more then Crosby...Crosby is a flop around like a baby goal scorer. Ovechkin is a tough as nails, hard hitting, leader scorer.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
faulkner91sf said:
Crosby is a joke of a hockey player, its why I like Ovechkin a hundred times more then Crosby...Crosby is a flop around like a baby goal scorer. Ovechkin is a tough as nails, hard hitting, leader scorer.
Crosby a joke of a hockey player, lol. Its incredible how much critisism this kid gets even though hes obviously thee best or thee second best hockey player in the world and he continues to prove it. Ovechkin is an amazing hockey player too, and hes also 2 years older than Crosby. A joke of a hockey player is an awful statement

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Canuck said:
Crosby a joke of a hockey player, lol. Its incredible how much critisism this kid gets even though hes obviously thee best or thee second best hockey player in the world and he continues to prove it. Ovechkin is an amazing hockey player too, and hes also 2 years older than Crosby. A joke of a hockey player is an awful statement
Ovechkin is the best all round player, Crosby is just a set up man

·
Registered
712 Posts
Canuck, I dont see where you find that he is proving it, but the last time I checked...points dont prove that. Its more then goals and assists what makes you a hockey player, and thats the only thing Crosby does.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
faulkner91sf said:
Canuck, I dont see where you find that he is proving it, but the last time I checked...points dont prove that. Its more then goals and assists what makes you a hockey player, and thats the only thing Crosby does.
The point of the game is to pucks pucks in the net and set up plays which do so. And i guess if thats the only thing hes does they must be pretty satisfied.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts