Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
8/4/2006 1:52:37 PM

The Phoenix Coyotes avoided arbitration with center Mike Comrie, signing him to a one year deal prior to Friday's scheduled hearing.

Financial terms were not released. Comrie earned $1.748-million US last season.

"With the larger, more physical team that we intend to ice this year, players like Mike Comrie should thrive," said general manager Michael Barnett. "We were pleased to settle Mike's contract without arbitration."

Comrie scored 30 goals and 60 points in 80 games last season with the Coyotes. He finished tied with Shane Doan for the goal scoring lead on the team and the 60 points equalled his career best.

Comrie also posted 15 multiple-point games and 5 multiple-goal games in 2005-06.

In the 23 games following the Olympic Break, the Alberta native recorded 22 points including 11 goals.

Originally selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the 1999 NHL draft, Comrie was acquired by the Coyotes from the Philadelphia Flyers for Sean Burke, Branko Radivojevic and the rights to Ben Eager in 2004.

The deal leaves Ladislav Nagy as the only Coyotes player eligible for arbitration who did not come to terms before his scheduled hearing, which was also set for Friday.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

The Phoenix Coyotes avoided arbitration with centre Mike Comrie, signing him to a one-year deal worth $3 million US prior to Friday's scheduled hearing.

I'm sorry, but this guy is not worth $3M!!!!!:thumbsdow This is ridiculous!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think he's a strong player and definitely a valuable asset to a hockey club, but 3 million does seem too high. I expected him to get a pay increase, but not double what he made last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts