Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put on your conspiracy hats!

Anyone see "My Stanley Cup" commercials put out by the NHL it shows Carolina and Anahiem had a lot of attention and they where made well before the playoffs started.

I might be crazy but pay attention the next time you see these commercials.
If these two teams make the final round of the playoffs for the cup then I will have to belive the the entire Playoffs is rigged.

Could explain why Tampa won the cup in 04!:cheeky4:

Sorry about the title mistake I can't find a way to change it!!!!!!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Nhl

Sherek X said:
Put on your conspiracy hats!

Anyone see "My Stanley Cup" commercials put out by the NHL it shows Carolina and Anahiem had a lot of attention and they where made well before the playoffs started.

I might be crazy but pay attention the next time you see these commercials.
If these two teams make the final round of the playoffs for the cup then I will have to belive the the entire Playoffs is rigged.

Could explain why Tampa won the cup in 04!:cheeky4:

Sorry about the title mistake I can't find a way to change it!!!!!!
You make a good point. something for everyone to think about.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Um, no, no conspiracy, they at least payed special attention to the Canes because they are favorites, they did very well in the regular season. I notice this comes from the two teams that got upset in the first round. Even though my team is getting kicked out, I know that there is no conspiracy, jeeze.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A grand conspiracy of all teams! Do you really believe this, I mean..really?? If so, you got issues. The concept of a "rigged" NHL is so completely absurd, I wonder how any logical person could ever for even a moment consider it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So, if Anaheim and Carolina make the finals, then the "fix" is on! OK, I think I now understand. So, I guess NJ, Buffalo, and Ottawa are all content with with this scheme. Out west, I assume that Edmonton, SJ and Colorado also have all bought off on it. All the trades that teams make to strenghten their rosters is all just a ruse, to fool the public into thinking that it really is legit! The efforts that teams put forth, (such as the triple OT in lasts nights Oiler/SJ game) is nothing more than a subplot in the grand conspiracy. Teams that lost in the first round, obviously, they were all in on it too. I guess some teams play along willingly, and go out in 4 games, while other rogue teams, put up a fight and go out in 6 or 7! All under the pretext of making things look legit......

I guess that the players are really nothing more than actors, and very good ones at that! Just think how convincing they are with the emotions they show when they win a key OT game, lose a vital game, take a bad penalty, score a key goal, etc. These guys are too good to be a humble hockey player, they ought to be in blockbluster movies.....

Teams that didn't make the playoffs, I assume then that at the beginning of the season, this would be rigged too. I also assume then that the draft selections are all rigged up as well, since they mostly are determined by a teams regular season finish. It goes without saying that if the playoffs are rigged, then so must be the regular season.

Does anyone not have the ability to see how completely assine this all sounds! Honest to god, it is so completely stupid to make such a statement, but even worse to actually believe it!!

The people that cry foul, are those that are so blind to their team, that they cannot see the faults that their teams have in with their roster. Look no further than the Red Wing fans that populate this board.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Hkyfn said:
So, if Anaheim and Carolina make the finals, then the "fix" is on! OK, I think I now understand. So, I guess NJ, Buffalo, and Ottawa are all content with with this scheme. Out west, I assume that Edmonton, SJ and Colorado also have all bought off on it. All the trades that teams make to strenghten their rosters is all just a ruse, to fool the public into thinking that it really is legit! The efforts that teams put forth, (such as the triple OT in lasts nights Oiler/SJ game) is nothing more than a subplot in the grand conspiracy. Teams that lost in the first round, obviously, they were all in on it too. I guess some teams play along willingly, and go out in 4 games, while other rogue teams, put up a fight and go out in 6 or 7! All under the pretext of making things look legit......

I guess that the players are really nothing more than actors, and very good ones at that! Just think how convincing they are with the emotions they show when they win a key OT game, lose a vital game, take a bad penalty, score a key goal, etc. These guys are too good to be a humble hockey player, they ought to be in blockbluster movies.....

Teams that didn't make the playoffs, I assume then that at the beginning of the season, this would be rigged too. I also assume then that the draft selections are all rigged up as well, since they mostly are determined by a teams regular season finish. It goes without saying that if the playoffs are rigged, then so must be the regular season.

Does anyone not have the ability to see how completely assine this all sounds! Honest to god, it is so completely stupid to make such a statement, but even worse to actually believe it!!

The people that cry foul, are those that are so blind to their team, that they cannot see the faults that their teams have in with their roster. Look no further than the Red Wing fans that populate this board.
I have to agree with Hkyfn on this one 100% this isnt wrestling. Do people actually think that players work all their lives so they can get into a league thats setup

·
Banned
961 Posts
Nhl

I dont want to see carolina, anaheim or san jose in the finals.i was glad when tampa bay and nashville got bounced out of the playoffs.i would like to see either buffalo or ottawa play edmonton in the finals.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Yea i think Edmonton and Buffalo would be a great series.
GO OILERS GO:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Either way, the tv ratings will be brutal. This could not be any worse for hockey. Having Anaheim in the finals may help the L.A. market, but how will Canadian viewers react to Anaheim vs. Buf/Car? Probably not too well. The Flames/Lightning series from 2 years ago even bored the cr*p out of me. Just no interest in those 2 teams. Maybe because I was still stinging from the Flames/Wings series? I don't know. I'm really not liking the NHL more and more every day.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You raise a valid point, but the bigger issue is in the manner in which the NHL promotes itself. Regular season schedules/divisions are all set up to enhance so-called regional/divisional rivalries. Because of this format, a team from the West will play a team from the East every year in the finals. My preference, would be for the NHL to abandon the so-called "rivalry" schedule, and have more of a balanced schedule with all teams playing each other at least 2x per year (home/away). If 16 teams thus are entered into the playoff pool, then the top 16 teams in the league go irregardless of their division, stacked 1 through 16. In the first round, team 1 plays team 16, and so on.

In this manner (in theory anyway), the possibility exists for a Mtl-Toronto, or NYI-NYR final to name but 2 scenarios. You could even see a Edm-Cal final!

I always think that the 2 best teams from ANY league, should always be the 2 that fight it out for the championship. If they happen to be from the same region, that's fine by me. If they are west-east teams, I'm OK with that as well.

The teams that are all left, with the exception of Anaheim here in the LA area, are all small mkt teams. That's good for hockey in general, but bad for TV ratings, here in the USA as well as in Canada. I think Canadians will still watch, for the most part, irregardless of who plays in the final, but here in the US, so many people really could care less if Buffalo, for instance is in the finals. They simply won't watch, after all, it's now baseball season and the NBA playoffs are also in full swing!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I wouldn't put it past them to do that, but probably not. If Calgary couln't beat Anaheim, then Colorado wasn't going to do it. Now they're down 3-0 and might be eliminatedfrom the playoffs.

Carolina was 2nd in the East and almost took 1st place from Ottawa. Fortunately for them though, they have a leader like Brind'Amour to lead what actually turned into a veteran team this year. That, and younger up-and coming stars like Eric Staal (who's pretty much already one now) and Williams, and of course riding the hot goaltending of Cam Ward.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts