Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this piece of news has been published by a handful of sources so far, but it's worth checking out. In today's New York Times' Slap Shot blog entry, Stu Hackel chimed in on the possibility Cablevision could face selling off Madison Square Garden in the future.

I can only hope and pray that Madison Square Garden and all its related properties (including the Rangers) are FINALLY sold off by Cablevision. I have hated Cablevision owning this once proud sports and entertainment entity. The Dolans have pissed off so many people from their business practices AND politics PLUS have all but destroyed the MSG name. If it wasn't for the Rangers becoming a respectable team after the lockout, then Cablevision would be the biggest failure for an owner in God knows how damn long.

The sooner that the Garden is sold to somebody else, the better. The greedy and incompetent bastards in the Dolans for running this company into the ground have let's see...

1. destroyed the West Side Stadium project because why... they want midtown Manhattan entertainment dollars all to themselves?

2. no West Side Stadium means no New York Jets (and New York Giants for that matter) playing football games within the city limits again, no 2012 Summer Olympics AND no Super Bowl in 2010

3. successfully told the city to F off by going with (for now) renovations to the current Garden instead of being a part of the stalled Moynihan Station project with a new arena

4. had people running MSG Network make it a joke to watch outside its game broadcasts (plus hire a few anchors that are too young and experienced enough to inherit really vital on-air jobs)... really, who watches MSG, NY anyway?

5. the sexual harassment cases involving Courtney Price and Anucha Browne Sanders

That isn't even the end of a list of embarrassing events for Madison Square Garden under the Dolan regime.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I know this piece of news has been published by a handful of sources so far, but it's worth checking out. In today's New York Times' Slap Shot blog entry, Stu Hackel chimed in on the possibility Cablevision could face selling off Madison Square Garden in the future.

I can only hope and pray that Madison Square Garden and all its related properties (including the Rangers) are FINALLY sold off by Cablevision. I have hated Cablevision owning this once proud sports and entertainment entity. The Dolans have pissed off so many people from their business practices AND politics PLUS have all but destroyed the MSG name. If it wasn't for the Rangers becoming a respectable team after the lockout, then Cablevision would be the biggest failure for an owner in God knows how damn long.

The sooner that the Garden is sold to somebody else, the better. The greedy and incompetent bastards in the Dolans for running this company into the ground have let's see...

1. destroyed the West Side Stadium project because why... they want midtown Manhattan entertainment dollars all to themselves?

2. no West Side Stadium means no New York Jets (and New York Giants for that matter) playing football games within the city limits again, no 2012 Summer Olympics AND no Super Bowl in 2010

3. successfully told the city to F off by going with (for now) renovations to the current Garden instead of being a part of the stalled Moynihan Station project with a new arena

4. had people running MSG Network make it a joke to watch outside its game broadcasts (plus hire a few anchors that are too young and experienced enough to inherit really vital on-air jobs)... really, who watches MSG, NY anyway?

5. the sexual harassment cases involving Courtney Price and Anucha Browne Sanders

That isn't even the end of a list of embarrassing events for Madison Square Garden under the Dolan regime.
Jonathan Coachman and his spray on tan and waxed eyebrows. :laugh: Yes the same guy from wwe works for msg and is a joke.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts