Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
senators 2.jpg

Source: Sportsnet.ca

After getting beat up by the Atlanta Thrashers, Ottawa Senator Joe Corvo decided to beat up on himself and his erratic gameplay.

Corvo was taking the overtime loss to Atlanta personally Monday, shouldering much of the blame on himself after the game, writes the Ottawa Sun.

"It's just typical of what's going on with me and defence all year long," Corvo said in the Sun, describing what happened on the overtime goal. "I mean, first I made a good play and stopped (the puck) with my skate, and I turn around and it's still rolling back to our end. Then I'm trying to get back in position, and there's no way I could have just because it's like he's trying to get to the puck and it's kind of like we got tangled up."

"It's just the way it has been going all year long," Corvo continued. "Obviously it's showing. I must be a defensive liability, minus here, minus there, I can't be plus.
I think he is being to hard on himself and I think his teammates feel the same way. Everybody loses a game for his team eventialy espicialy if u r a D-man. I hate to see him blaming himself like that. I hope his teammates can somehow chear him up.:dunno:

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Yeah, I heard him on the radio, on the way home from the game yesterday, and he is really down on himself.

I'm sure he'll work it out, sooner, rather than later!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I wish Bryan McCabe had that kind of accountability.

And so, Corvo continues to have me on his badwagon. His defencive play was very good against Toronto in the back-to-back games the teams played in December, but obviously it's talied off.

I was watching the Sens/Thrash game yesterday, and I honestly don't think it was all his fault, but he could have done better on the play. Kozlov had position on him and he held on, but it was clearly going to be a penalty whether or not he let him get away.

Solution? There was none. He had to pull him down and take a penalty to prevent a goal. He tried instead to get his stick out a knock it away, but it didn't work. He should have dragged him down with him.

At least, that's how I saw it.

I'd say Preissing would have to take some of the blame as well though. He pinched in and created the 1-on-1/breakaway situation to begin with.

With that said, I do like how much Corvo cares. It's actually a concern, and I like it when a player is that hard on themselves when they don't get the job done. It shows they will not accept what happened and will want to change the results the next time.

BLA gives Joe Corvo two thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts