Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think the talent level in the nhl has become too diluted and a mojor reason for that was the nhl's expansion in the 80's and 90's. i think the elimination of some teams that do not have a solid fan base would be in hockeys best intrests as it would raise every teams talent level and create a more wide open skill biased hockey game. teams like anaheim, phoenix, florida and columbus would be my candidates. and houston has no business getting a hockey team if pittsburgh moves

·
Banned
961 Posts
cheapquality said:
i think the talent level in the nhl has become too diluted and a mojor reason for that was the nhl's expansion in the 80's and 90's. i think the elimination of some teams that do not have a solid fan base would be in hockeys best intrests as it would raise every teams talent level and create a more wide open skill biased hockey game. teams like anaheim, phoenix, florida and columbus would be my candidates. and houston has no business getting a hockey team if pittsburgh moves
I agree with you 100 percent there are to many teams in the NHL today, and i still say to this day that it was a mistake for the NHL to leave quebec,winnipeg and hartford and even minnesota .i am glad that the NHL is back in atlanta. the flames should never have left atlanta in 1980.and also glad to see minnesota back in the NHL.pittsburgh should not leave pittsburgh. i am sure that something will happen to keep the team there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts