1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Conroys back in Calgary, for Jaimie Lundmark and 2 draft picks

GO FLAMES GO!!!!

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Conroy begins second stint in Calgary following trade

Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today the acquisition of center Craig Conroy from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for center Jamie Lundmark and two future draft choices.

Conroy returns to Calgary where he played in four seasons between 2001 and 2004. The 6’2”, 197lb forward was a member of the Flames Western Conference championship team during the 2003-04 season and captained the club during the 2002-03 campaign. In 237 regular season games with the Flames he recorded 188 points with 60 goals and 128 assists. During the 03-04 playoffs he added another 17 points including 6 goals in 26 games.

A veteran of 12 NHL seasons, Conroy has twice been a finalist for the Frank J. Selke Trophy while accumulating 411 points in 706 career games with Montreal, St. Louis, Calgary and Los Angeles. Conroy signed as a free agent with Los Angeles on July 6, 2004. In 52 games this season he has recorded 5 goals and 11 assists for 16 points.

Originally drafted by the Montreal Canadiens as their sixth round selection (123rd overall) in the 1990 NHL Entry Draft, Conroy was traded to St. Louis in 1996. Calgary first acquired the former U.S. Olympian with a seventh round pick from St. Louis on March 13, 2001 in exchange for Cory Stillman.

A native of Potsdam, NY, Conroy has represented the United States at the 2006 Olympics and at the 2004 World Cup of Hockey.

CRAIG CONROY - CENTRE

BORN: Potsdam, New York (September 4, 1971)

HEIGHT: 6’2”

WEIGHT:197 lbs.

SHOOTS:Right

HOW ACQUIRED: Trade with Los Angeles for Jamie Lundmark and two future draft choices

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Hopefully this turns out to be a good trade for the flames considering conroy aint having that great of a year. I hope he can play like he did in the 03/04 stanley cup playoffs.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Nice move by Calgary. I don't think he should have ever left.

I guess it's Tanguay-Conroy-Iginla as the top line in Calgary.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Nice move by Calgary. I don't think he should have ever left.

I guess it's Tanguay-Conroy-Iginla as the top line in Calgary.
Not just yet. They said langkow is still the top line center and conroy will have to earn his spot to be the top line center. Langkow has been having a great season so he deserves the top line spot.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Canuck said:
Not just yet. They said langkow is still the top line center and conroy will have to earn his spot to be the top line center. Langkow has been having a great season so he deserves the top line spot.
He leads the team in assists.

I also think this move was made to accuire depth and not shake up Cowtown's top line.

I think they're hoping Conroy can wake guys like Tony Amonte up a bit and even the production out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
great move for calgary. I think he'll spark up some guys and it'll be a really competitive lineup with so many young guys doing so well.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Canuck said:
Well... I guess not. :laugh:

Langkow is one of the more underated players in the league. I wasn't sure if either he or Conroy were top line players, but Langkow is definitely playing like one now.

I'm wondering if Conroy will have to earn a spot on the top line or not though, since it was Iggy who put in a word to Sutter about getting him back.

But if they do keep Langkow there, it makes sense. He's having an awesome year, a much of the time without Iggy to boot.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
He scored 2 goals in his debut lst night. Already it's paying off for Calgary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts