Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as excited as Ottawa Senators fans were yesterday, newly acquired centreman Mike Comrie couldn’t wait to play his first game with his new team. Traded from the Phoenix Coyotes in the morning, Comrie put himself through a hectic series of events to make sure he was able to get into last night’s lineup. Playing on a line with Chris Neil and Peter Schaefer, he picked up two assists in a 6-3 victory over the Eastern Conference-leading Buffalo Sabres.

“It’s exciting to come to a team like this,” Comrie said after practice today. “I’m an Ottawa Senator now, and I’m happy to be here. The pre-game meal I had in the plane (yesterday en route to Ottawa) wasn’t the greatest, but it was good to get suited up and get that first (game) out of the way. It’s always fun to win and the fans were into it. As I experienced last night, this is a fun atmosphere to play in.”

Comrie, whose dressing room stall is located between Neil’s and goaltender Martin Gerber’s, says the club has made the transition an easy one. Taking a minute to look at his cell phone, Comrie noticed he had 27 new voicemails that arrived during today’s practice. Answering those messages was just one of the many tasks he had planned for today.

“I’ll check those and go from there,” Comrie said. “This is a great group of guys here. To feel welcome definitely helps. I feel fortunate to be in Ottawa.”

Ottawa Senators

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
I'm glad he appreciates the warm welcome to Ottawa!!

It will be interesting to see his stats after 10 or 20 games? I was never a fan of his, but hopefully he'll change that with some great games!!!!

But I can't get it out of my head, that he's playing for a big contract at the end of the year, and he's always been about the bottom dollar!!!

Of course, we all know, he's just a rent a player for Ottawa anyway!!! :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was at the game yesterday and he tried to pull of some pretty impressive moves. U could tell he wa tryin to impress the crowd.:D It was an awesome game.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
First of all, I don't like the guy. The way he ended up leaving Edmonton still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when I think about it. :mad:

Second, good for Ottawa. They finally have the 2nd line centerman they needed, and at least a guy they can use to fill in the gap left by Fisher and Spezza until they return.

When they do return, they'll have a solid 3 or 4 down the middle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts