Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the team so far? They haven't made the playoffs yet in their 5 year history, and they've made some nice additions to their line-up this year.

Nikolai Zherdev is set to return to the line-up soon, and Sergei Fedorov shouldn't be too far off.

How is the team's goaltending? It seems they expect Pascal LeClaire to cary the load.

They've been lead by Rick Nash the last few years, and he's done it all in the season, but is the supporting cast around him good enough to help the team finally make the playoffs, or are they still some time away from that?

Are Foote and Klesla enough from the back-end?

What more is needed and what moves do you think need to be made to keep the BlueJackets in the hunt in late March/Early April?

Your thoughts on the team... other than Zherdev and Fedorov, there's nothing dated here, so you can join in any time to discuss. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I think the team is in the right division to make the playoffs that's for sure.

Goaltending is definatly something to address but if the team can stay healthy they might get into the postseason.

I'm not sure this team is deep enough to make any sort of a run but they've certainly added some depth in the offseason and could be this year's surprise team.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice game by them tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes. Zherdev scored twice in his return, and Rick Nash was Rick Nash.

Leclaire made some nice saves too.

So far, they're looking good.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a difference a few games make. The BJs don't look nearly as good as they did before.

They've now lost 4 in a row, and Leclaire is allowing a ton of goals.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What a difference a few months make.

Columbus is 2nd last in the West, and don't look like they'll make it in now (Currently 17 Points out).

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I would like to see them do a lot better than they have been doing. They got some very good guys. I would enjoy to see them in the playoffs. Maybe their luck will change soon? Who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts