Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think any team would take Drury from the Rangers at the deadline. He has one year left at just above 7 mil. He has been a Clutch playoff performer for every team but the Rangers and it's clear the Rangers are the same team with him or without him and its evident the youth movement has finally started to kick for the Rangers. It's a one year gamble for any team with interest however Drury would have to waive his NTC. He does own a home in the San Jose area and the Sharks always seem to get bounced from the playoffs every year could they benefit by trying to trade for a clutch playoff player like Drury. Although the Sharks look to be in CAP HELL for next season they would have to move a salary or two.

Heatley, Thornton and Marleau make a combined salary over 21 mill and all three are signed for another 3 seasons one of them would have to come back the Rangers way. Im also sure the Rangers would have to add another player but on the good side for the Sharks they would open up 2 years of cap space at 7 mill per season and from the looks of there cap space next season it would make sense for them to make a move like this with all the upcoming RFA & UFA they have. Logan Couture will be looking for a hefty raise as well.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
The only team that would take Drury is the same team that took Redden. He's worthless.
Well, Drury is hard working skater. He maybe doesn't contribute offensively like everyone would expect but mainly Drury's more of a too way forward. He works hard defensively by blocking shots and turning pucks over. So actually he's not really useless when I watch the Rangers but I'm not a rangers fan and can't pinpoint that.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Drury is hard working skater. He maybe doesn't contribute offensively like everyone would expect but mainly Drury's more of a too way forward. He works hard defensively by blocking shots and turning pucks over. So actually he's not really useless when I watch the Rangers but I'm not a rangers fan and can't pinpoint that.
Very true but those kinds of players can be had at 1/4 his salary. Thats my only gripe with Drury. If he made 1.5 to 2 mill i wouldn't mind him on the club.

·
Registered
12 Posts
idk if anyone will take drury. he needs to get more points. as of now, no team wants some guy who does well on the PK...our defense men get more points than him on a regular basis.us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts