Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Highly Regarded Rangers prospects will be facing off vs Canada in the upcoming super series.

Anisimov is already signed by the Rangers and will compete in traing camp for a roster spot.

Cherepanov will prob be here after next summer.

What does everyone expect in this serries from these 2 Future Rangers.

I think Anisimov wants a very strong showing to show Rangers managment he is ready to make the big jump. IMO i think he will be headed for hartford the Rangers AHL team.

Anyway im physced to see how my favorite teams future will perform.:0pouce:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never count on Ranger prospects until they prove themselves.

Dan Cloutier, Don Blackburn, Corey Hirsch, Pavel Brendl and a cast of thousands.
Well thats common sense to say that. no prospect proves there worth till proven on the NHL level

Now if im correct and you meant saying we never draft anyone good then i compromised a list here of a few good and great ones we did in fact draft.

We havent had the best or worst drafts. i do think many of them could have been better. But not all of them were lost causes such as brendl.

Cloutier was a better then average goalie.

Blackburn i thought did very well at his age. the injury was ashame.

Lundqvist, Prucha, Tyutin pretty much proven now.

The Others.
Zubov, James Patrick, Jan Erixon, John Vanbiesbrouck, Tomas Sandstrom, Tony Granato, Dave Gagner, Ulf Dahlen, Mike Richter, Brian Leetch, Tony Amonte, Doug Weight, (Sergei Nemchinov & alexei kovalev first russians to get names on the cup.), Mattias Norstrom, Marc Savard, Mike York, Marek Zidlicky.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Well thats common sense to say that. no prospect proves there worth till proven on the NHL level

Now if im correct and you meant saying we never draft anyone good then i compromised a list here of a few good and great ones we did in fact draft.

We havent had the best or worst drafts. i do think many of them could have been better. But not all of them were lost causes such as brendl.

Cloutier was a better then average goalie.

Blackburn i thought did very well at his age. the injury was ashame.

Lundqvist, Prucha, Tyutin pretty much proven now.

The Others.
Zubov, James Patrick, Jan Erixon, John Vanbiesbrouck, Tomas Sandstrom, Tony Granato, Dave Gagner, Ulf Dahlen, Mike Richter, Brian Leetch, Tony Amonte, Doug Weight, (Sergei Nemchinov & alexei kovalev first russians to get names on the cup.), Mattias Norstrom, Marc Savard, Mike York, Marek Zidlicky.
The Rangers have had a history of building expectations for draft picks that went nowhere. I only mentioned a few but if I researched enough I could probably list 100 more.

Of your "other" list, only 3 had the bulk of their success with the Rangers. Not only have the Rangers had mediocre success in the draft but they have this annoying habit of trading future stars for an over the hill handful of magic beans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts