Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something from the hockey news. only a few paragraphs about chelios.
Let me know your thoughts?

Everybody and his parrot has a reason or three why the boys from North America headed home early. The higher the expectations, the more numerious the explanations. They were too slow and too old.

The really missed the veteran experience. Noboday had defined the roles. There too many checkers and not enough scoreers. Tou get the picture. Some of it might even be true. Bt amidst all the hind-wringing over what ernt wrong for Team canada and USA in Turin, people overlood that when it comes to understanding how modern the sports and modern elite atheletes function at a world-class level, right inside the guts of the beast, there's elevated accoreded to those who have been there themseleves.

This entirely as it should be. Anyone who has ever played a competitive sports knows it. Having someone at the top of the organization who has been exactly where those players are headed, from the first day of the first traning camp to the last min. in a sudden-death nail- biter - someone who comes into the player selection proscess with respect to lose rather than earn, simply for once having been amoung the choesen - it actually means a helluva lot. Six of the top seven hockey playing nations have recognised that fact.

The US has not.
Brian Leetch, for example just wouldnt fit as USA hockeys king pin. neither would Madano or JR, or any of the other Miracle on Ice crod. Mike richter or even pat Lafontaine? Closer , but not quiet and if gretz. were to step down from his Team Canada role, Mario Lemieux should no more be next in line that Mario Roberge.

Its like what works in the art studio: you know it when you see it. The guys in the dressing room know most of all. Your move , Chelly.
I just thought this was interesting.. if you want to read the rest subscribe or read the hockey news..

·
Banned
961 Posts
Olympics

shanny14 said:
This is something from the hockey news. only a few paragraphs about chelios.
Let me know your thoughts?

I just thought this was interesting.. if you want to read the rest subscribe or read the hockey news..
I also think that they were to old. i have never been a fan of the NHLers going to the olympics. it will be interesting to see what happens in 2010.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts