Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former RiverKing Cote now a Philadelphia Flyer

SOUTHAVEN, MS --- When Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) General Manager Bob Clarke set the team's final roster for the regular season on Monday, a familiar name for RiverKings fans was on that list. Winger Riley Cote, who played 51 regular season and 14 playoff games for the President's Cup Champs in 2002-03, is one of the 14 forwards on the Flyers' roster as the team opens its season tonight at Pittsburgh.

"It is obviously every guy's dream growing up to make the NHL and be on an NHL roster," Cote told philadelphiaflyers.com after learning he had made the squad. "It's been my dream through all the ups and downs of my career. I couldn't have any better news."

Coming out of the WHA with the Prince Albert Raiders, Cote started his pro career with the RiverKings in October of 2002. In his 51 games with the RiverKings, the Winnipeg, MAN native scored eight goals, had six assists and 241 penalty minutes with 29 major penalties. He played in all 14 of the team's postseason games, scoring a goal and accumulating 54 penalty minutes as the team captured its second consecutive President's Cup. He also saw time in six games on call-up to St. John's (AHL) during that rookie season.

He has played the past two seasons with the Flyers top AHL affiliate, the Philadelphia Phantoms.

"It definitely hasn't been an easy road for me," Cote said. The way I was brought up was just to keep your head up and keep working hard and things fall where they may. I was a first year pro in the Central Hockey League and just gradually chipped away. Two years with the Phantoms, and we won a Calder Cup, and I'm still chipping away. Hopefully I stick around here (the Flyers) until the end."

After playing in Dayton (ECHL) and Syracuse (AHL) in 2003-04, Cote was signed to return to the RiverKings in 04-05 before being called up and signed by the Phantoms. Cote and the Phantoms won the AHL's Calder Cup title in 2005. His pro totals are 254 games played, 21 goals, 25 assists and 1062 PIM.

The Flyers open the 2006-07 NHL regular season tonight against Sydney Crosby and the Penguins in Pittsburgh at 6:30 CDT.

The RiverKings open their 2006-2007 training camp with 26 players Monday, October 9 at 10 a.m. at the DeSoto Civic Center.

(portions of this release courtesy of the Philadelphia Flyers and philadelpiaflyers.com)

###########################

The RiverKings celebrate their 15th Anniversary in 2006-2007. The season and home opener is Friday, October 20 versus the Youngstown Steelhounds at 7:05.

RiverKings Single-Game Tickets for all 2006-2007 home games are on sale now at the DeSoto Civic Center box office and at all TicketMaster locations.

Don't miss RiverKings Fan Fest on Tuesday, October 10 at the DeSoto Civic Center. The night begins with an open team practice at 5 p.m. and includes locker room tours, player autographs, season ticket pick ups and more.

Season tickets for the 2006-2007 season are available now and start as low as $240. Call 662-342-1755 and reserve your seat at the DeSoto Civic Center for all the action.

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bugs open camp Monday

A surprising, somewhat overwhelming offseason marked by turnover and unprecedented recruiting is about to produce a new era of Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs hockey and the most competitive 10 days in franchise history.

As training camp approaches, the Mudbugs, long a staple of stability - on and off the ice -- in the Central Hockey League are in search of & well, everything.

More than 70 percent of the offense (eight of the top 10 scorers) from last year's President's Cup runner-up squad has moved on - to other teams or other careers. Consequently, head coach Scott Muscutt has 30 players - the maximum allowed by CHL rules - set to arrive at the CenturyTel Center for Monday's first day of camp.

Muscutt has at least five additional players in mind to bring to town in case he should issue early dismissals.

complete article

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rayz add three to up roster to 27

The Rayz continue to load up their roster for training camp. Corpus Christi added three more players on Wednesday, signing forwards Ted Bickel and Vin Hellemeyer and defenseman Jamie Routledge. That gives the team 27 players for training camp, which begins on Monday. The team will open the Central Hockey League season opener on Oct. 21 at home against Laredo.

complete article

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rage reports for camp on Friday

The Rocky Mountain Rage opens training camp on Friday with 25 players reporting to the Broomfield Event Center for a team meeting.

Physical exams will take place on Saturday, with an an optional team skate on Sunday.

complete article

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basile is back with the Bugs

The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs of the Central Hockey League are excited to announce the signing of former All-Star defenseman Jason Basile. Basile joins the the Mudbugs' 2006-2007 roster after suffering an injury that sidelined him for the second half of the 2005-2006 season. His signing adds experience to an already strong defense.

complete article

1 - 5 of 5 Posts