Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hockeycritic.com/item/129

Capitals coach Glen Hanlon has apparently had enough of Ovechkin not following team policies by missing defensive zone assignments and taking very long shifts. The situation came to ahead on Monday night when the Caps were shorthanded in second period. Ovechkin left the defensive zone waiting for a breakaway pass but the puck never got to him and he was badly out of position. This left the Caps with a 5-on-3 situation deep in their own end. During one point in the game, Hanlon wanted Ovechkin to get off the ice but he allegedly ignored the coach's orders. As a result, Ovechkin sat out the last 3 minutes of the second period and the first 11 minutes of the third...

·
Banned
14 Posts
Not to sure what is going to become of this story/situation.

Imo, you always do what the coach asks of you. I never have thought of O is a "primadonna" player, but this type of conduct should not be allowed to continue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
But at least he isn't constantly putting hit team shorthanded by yapping at the referees

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rick_Nash said:
ya dudes, i agree, this is by far the best thing that could happen to Ovechkin, he reminds me of to much of Rick Nash, allways looking for that highlite goal, they both need to work on there overall gameplay and defence.
Well I kind of think the situations that he gets goals in, reguire a highlight quality play for him to score (between someones legs and then 5 hole the goalie wth?). But hopefully this will prevent any T.O. syndrom from ever setting in on good old Alex. O.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts