Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rangers according to Larry Brooks of the N.Y Post states the Rangers are just under 49 mill on the cap. Ill go with what the post says then all these sites im getting different figures from.

Also projected in the lineup are Artem Anisimov, Ryan Callahan, Marcel Hossa, Ryan Hollweg, Colton Orr, Marc Staal, Jason Strudwick and Andrew Hutchinson .

The players that are out as of now include Thomas Pock, Brandon Dubinsky and Nigel Dawes.

On a personal note i herd many great things on this Anisimov. On the other hand i really wanted to see Dubinsky get a fair shot. Im sure in training camp more descisions will be made.

I have a good feeling also Staal will make the team and im predicting he will be a runner up for the calder.

source: http://www.nypost.com/seven/08022007/sports/rangers/rangers__re_sign__avery_rangers_larry_brooks.htm

N.Y POST Larry Brooks said:
The Blueshirts are just under $49 million on the $50.3 million season salary cap. Their 23-player roster includes two goaltenders; eight defensemen (Marc Staal, Jason Strudwick and Andrew Hutchinson in, Thomas Pock out); and 13 forwards (Artem Anisimov, Ryan Callahan, Marcel Hossa, Ryan Hollweg and Colton Orr in, Brandon Dubinsky and Nigel Dawes out.)

·
Registered
313 Posts
i think anisimov will move to the 3rd line, we have a great 4th line centre in bettsy and he'll get the job done well for us. anisimov is a skilled player who really i dont think belongs on the 4th line.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I've never heard of Anisimov, but he sounds quite good. I wouldn't want to touch your fourth line or maybe second, but he sounds like he is capeable of playing 3rd line.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never heard of Anisimov, but he sounds quite good. I wouldn't want to touch your fourth line or maybe second, but he sounds like he is capeable of playing 3rd line.

Artem Anisimov was a 2006 2nd round pick many thought would be a first round pick but fell late mainly cause of the transfer agreement.

Im suprised the Rangers are gona expierement with him to see if he is NHL ready for the upcoming season.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Im suprised the Rangers are gona expierement with him to see if he is NHL ready for the upcoming season.
I am too. Honestly, Ive never seen him play before but Im sure he wont play every game. Maybe they will play him in preseason and see how he does similar to what they did with Staal last year. Preseason games showed he wasnt ready yet.

Also, with Avery signed and with our numbers right on the cap I dont see any more moves happening. I know alot of people think Malik or Hollweg will get traded away but I just dont see it right now. I think everyone in the organization is happy and will wait to see how things play out. Come midseason Sather can make any necessary moves he sees fit.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He has tallent. He is pretty big as well.
He should help the rangers with cap savings in the very near future. That can be said for many of the rangers farmhands and a few on the club now.

Alot of contracts are over at next seasons end. Next summer will be very interesting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts