Hockey Fan Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Lukas Krajicek's goal 2:32 into overtime lifted the Vancouver Canucks past the Nashville Predators, 4-3, at the Gaylord Entertainment Center.

Trailing 3-2 heading into the third, Vancouver's offense seemed to stall until Brendan Morrison managed to tie things up with 1:40 remaining. Morrison was caught in a flurry of activity in front of the net before he spun around and drilled a shot that got the best of Tomas Vokoun.

Krajicek then tallied the game winner on a high wrist shot that seemed to handcuff Vokoun.

"It's just basically character in here that our team can never give up," Morrison said after the game. "Guys were just relentless and it worked out. We haven't mailed in any games yet. It's kind of a blue collar work ethic and it's contagious in the lineup."

Jan Bulis and Taylor Pyatt rounded out the scoring for the Canucks, who have won two in a row on a five-game road trip as they head to Dallas Monday night.

Roberto Luongo made 37 saves on 40 shots to pick up his fourth win of the season.

"These are big points on the road for us," said Luongo. "We've shown a lot of character and it says a lot about our team, so we're just going to keep going in the right direction."

Vokoun made 42 saves for the Predators, who had their four-game winning streak snapped.

Nashville's Alexander Radulov made his NHL debut after being recalled from Milwaukee on Friday. In three AHL games, the Russian-born right wing had three goals and four assists en route to player of the week honors. He logged 7:32 of ice time, skating 10 shifts and recording two shots on goal.

Bulis notched his first goal as a Canuck, getting his team on the board just one minute into the contest with a wrist shot that beat Vokoun glove side.

Nashville quickly responded to knot things up at 5:55. The play started when Bulis couldn't clear the zone for the Canucks. Scott Hartnell scooped up the puck and flung a wrister toward the net that deflected off Luongo.

Vancouver then jumped out to a 2-1 lead with 3:47 left in the first. After an offside call the Canucks won the draw and dumped the puck in behind the net. Daniel Sedin got on it quickly and threw a pass out front to Pyatt, who was all alone in front of the net and sent a quick snap-shot past Vokoun to light the lamp.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.