Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
7/28/2006 1:17:38 PM

VANCOUVER (CP) - The Vancouver Canucks hope to add some offensive punch to their blue-line by signing free agent defenceman Yannick Tremblay to a one-year contract, the team said Friday.

Tremblay, who will earn $600,000 US, played for the Mannheim Eagles of the German Hockey League last season. The 30-year-old last played in the NHL in the 2003-04 season with the Atlanta Thrashers where he had two goals and 10 points in 38 games.

In 378 games with the Toronto Maple Leafs and Thrashers, he had 37 goals and 85 assists plus 166 penalty minutes.

Tremblay has a career plus-minus rating of minus-113 but is known for his strong point shot.

The Canucks have lost all-star defenceman Ed Jovanovski and Nolan Baumgartner to free agency

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
VANCOUVER (CP) - The Vancouver Canucks hope to add some offensive punch to their blue-line by signing free agent defenceman Yannick Tremblay to a one-year contract, the team said Friday.

Tremblay, who will earn $450,000 US, played for the Mannheim Eagles of the German Hockey League last season. The 30-year-old last played in the NHL in the 2003-04 season with the Atlanta Thrashers where he had two goals and 10 points in 38 games.

In 378 games with the Toronto Maple Leafs and Thrashers, he had 37 goals and 85 assists plus 166 penalty minutes.

Tremblay has a career plus-minus rating of minus-113 but is known for his strong point shot.

The Canucks have lost all-star defenceman Ed Jovanovski and Nolan Baumgartner to free agency
was this really a good sign up? i mean it looks pretty good by the numbers, but does anyone know game wise. i really havnt watched this guy much.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
shanny14 said:
was this really a good sign up? i mean it looks pretty good by the numbers, but does anyone know game wise. i really havnt watched this guy much.
I haven't seen him play much either, so I don't have much of an idea. Vancouver's blueline will look very interesting though. Tremblay hasn't played in the NHL since the 2003-2004 season.

Nonis has lost Allen, Jovo, Baumgartner, and Carney, and replaced them with Mitchell, and Tremblay.

I'd say they lost a lot, and gained little. All 4 of the guys they lost were pretty good. Jovo jumped up into the play a little too much (okay, way to much), but he was still very good. Carney didn't play well in Vancouver, but starting off the season on the same team for the rest of the year, I'm sure he'll find some chemistry somewhere.

I liked the Mitchell signing, but Tremblay is a question mark. However he peforms though, I don't think that him and Mitchell can equal the contribution that the other 4 gave.

I remember Tremblay on Toronto some time back, but very little.

Anyway, I wonder who's in Vancouver's system and who will be getting a chance to play now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts