Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sports Network) - The Vancouver Canucks hope to finish the night atop the Northwest Division after hosting the Edmonton Oilers at GM Place.

With 28 points, the Oilers are tied with Minnesota for first place. The Canucks sit just one point back.

Vancouver has won two of its last three games. Taylor Pyatt scored the game-winning goal in the third period and Roberto Luongo made 40 saves as Vancouver edged Colorado, 2-1 on Saturday.

Daniel Sedin bagged the other goal for the Canucks.

The Canucks improved to a weak 2-6-1 against Northwest Division opponents. Vancouver will host Carolina on Friday.

Edmonton, meanwhile, has lost three straight (0-2-1). On Saturday the Oilers were shut out, 4-0, by visiting Columbus in the finale of a seven-game homestand. Fredrik Norrena made 21 saves to record his first career shutout for the Blue Jackets.

FULL STORY

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Is Ryan Smyth playing? I dont think he is but this should be an advantage for the canucks if smyth is out with that fractured thumb.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Canuck said:
Is Ryan Smyth playing? I dont think he is but this should be an advantage for the canucks if smyth is out with that fractured thumb.
Yes he is out.

Hemsky and Smyth both are out. I wonder if they'll make playoffs this season.

Rolie in bad form right now after posting great numbers early this season!

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
i definetly think edmonton should make the playoffs this year. But they definetly need smyth and hemsky back quick in order to do well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts