• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the Canucks will make the Playoffs? Yes or no.

I don't think they will. By the way they are currently playing I think they will be lucky to make the playoffs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if there are in fact 2 cliques in the 'Nucks dressing room (Naslund/Bert and everyone else) like some reports are suggesting, they'll be very lucky to make the playoffs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They can make it

If you saw the game against Edmonton last night, you know they've got the goods to make the playoffs. Bert and Nazzy just need to play at the level their paid to and stop letting the Sedin twins and Carter pick up the slack.

That's the real first line right now. Nazlund seems to have got a little fire back since the Olympic break but Bertuzzi is still having troubles. I wonder if mentally he's ok to play this season. After the Moore incident he's bound to have a little worry in the back of his mind when he plays so physically. Every once in a while we see a flash of the old Bert and the Canucks usually do well on those nights.

The poor guy's being ridiculed all over the place though. Check out this funny article about him "Hockey Product to Revolutionize Game"

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't get to follow their games as much as I'd like to, being that I live in Toronto. However, I've had the opportunity of catching plenty of their games this season on Hockey Night in Canada and think they have an excellent chance of making the playoffs.

Edmonton on the other hand... nah.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Of course Vancouver could make the playoffs, they are right in the middle of the clump of teams fighting it out for the last 3-4 spots. While they are only a point or 2 from missing the playoffs, they are also a few points from being in the 4 seed! how's that for parity!

A lot depends on the other teams in the mix, like LA, who just fired their coach, the Ducks, San Jose, Edmonton and Colorado. The Canucks are not any worse than these teams, but they are also not much better. All said though, even with a playoff berth, I would expect a quick exit. The Canucks seem so mixed up, as the chemistry on the team seems to be non-existant. They have glaring weaknesses from the blueline back, and lack of depth up front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts