Hockey Fan Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
It might be a game and on many other forums. However the same can be said about chat on many other forums.

The thing that gets my attention now is the legal issues stated that surround a chat. And then when you think of Vbookie and the way it can promote a gambling habit wouldn't that call for some kind of legal issue based if it was in fact a minor who got hooked from this place?

Can you answer this? Or even your opinion.

So to me its a little contridicting to the matter & the support thats been handed out to us here that are based on our questions about having a chat.
no I can't answer that because it was not here. The concerns on other forums are you not concerns here.

Again, vbookie is a game. It is not real gambling.

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
we cannot address what Yahoo and msn can and can't do. We can only address what we can do at this time.

Again, if we add a chat here, even if we had the resources to do so, we would have to add a chat throughout the entire network. If we don't have the resources for one, how can we add a chat in the entire network?

We cannot add a chat at this time guys.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
we cannot address what Yahoo and msn can and can't do. We can only address what we can do at this time.

Again, if we add a chat here, even if we had the resources to do so, we would have to add a chat throughout the entire network. If we don't have the resources for one, how can we add a chat in the entire network?

We cannot add a chat at this time guys.
Again, I'm asking my question about something that does not take resources, or cost a thing. A free java based MIRC chat. We have one set up already. Heck. It does not even run off our server and consume VS bandwidth.

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
Again, I'm asking my question about something that does not take resources, or cost a thing. A free java based MIRC chat. We have one set up already. Heck. It does not even run off our server and consume VS bandwidth.
Again litigation plays in. Again we would have to add one in all of the network. Again mods would have to be in there at all times. We are not talking about just one forum.

Guys, I am sorry. I truly am. We cannot have a chat at this time.

I keep giving the same answers, guys.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Again litigation plays in. Again we would have to add one in all of the network. Again mods would have to be in there at all times. We are not talking about just one forum.

Guys, I am sorry. I truly am. We cannot have a chat at this time.

I keep giving the same answers, guys.
You keep on talking about the network. How would the network react if there was an outcry for a chat from everyone forum within?

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Sorry folks but we aren't getting a chat room attached to the forum. So of you have it in you to move on from this fact I would appreciate it.

I do not mean to blunt but we're going in circles here and I for one am getting tired of it. Some are trying for an alternate option for members to use, hopefully they pan out.
Can we sticky the little MIRC guide I'm writing as a global announcement and all have sigs like mine?:p

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
How about they get a chat where they can fill the entire screen with ads, would they add a chat then? Or maybe a chat that allows you to just throw a penny into an account of the owners for every character posted within said chat. Maybe that would work. There's no denying the only reason that this retarded ownership hasn't added a chat yet is because they feel it would take away from the money they are making on the site, not because they can't do it. If Hockeyman could add a chat to the old HF, along with many other admins doing the same to their sites, you mean to tell me that this gigantic company of VerticalScope is incapable of adding a chat to their sites? Are they so incompetent that they can't see that a chat would add to the community, or are they fearful that the time spent in a chatroom would take away from the precious ads that are plastered all over this site. These political/obscure answers for why we can't get a chat aren't fooling anyone with an IQ above 45.

In sumation, this thing is worse than the BCS.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Yea, I miss the chat, I also miss the chat at hockeystation. The one at HF Boards is too buzy and cluttered its hard to figure out who is who. And the one at hockeybuzz isn't free :(

I guess we aren't the only forum having chat issues :(
Maybe Im just slow, but I fail to see why that stuff has to do with our forum...I dont see us having a problem like HFBoards because we dont have 43,000 members (thank God), and the fact that other forums have "chat issues" shouldnt really mean anything to us...after all, we do want to be the best forum around, right?

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Maybe Im just slow, but I fail to see why that stuff has to do with our forum...I dont see us having a problem like HFBoards because we dont have 43,000 members (thank God), and the fact that other forums have "chat issues" shouldnt really mean anything to us...after all, we do want to be the best forum around, right?
Right :thumbsup: I'm just pointing out a fact.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Anybody wanting to talk to a living legend, follow Wingsy's sig link. :)
So you live...

Unfortunately Liam, owners and companies today want to make as much profit as they can as easy and quickly as possible. Not only has it leaked into our commerical and jobs, but it has even leaked into entertainment and sports. Just look at the pre-Toews/Kane 'Hawks. Wirtz wouldn't even broadcast Blackhawk games which would've brought him even more revenue.

I wouldn't doubt if the owner here was a relation of Wirtz, distant relative, or a friend of some sort. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
18,276 Posts
How about they get a chat where they can fill the entire screen with ads, would they add a chat then? Or maybe a chat that allows you to just throw a penny into an account of the owners for every character posted within said chat. Maybe that would work. There's no denying the only reason that this retarded ownership hasn't added a chat yet is because they feel it would take away from the money they are making on the site, not because they can't do it. If Hockeyman could add a chat to the old HF, along with many other admins doing the same to their sites, you mean to tell me that this gigantic company of VerticalScope is incapable of adding a chat to their sites? Are they so incompetent that they can't see that a chat would add to the community, or are they fearful that the time spent in a chatroom would take away from the precious ads that are plastered all over this site. These political/obscure answers for why we can't get a chat aren't fooling anyone with an IQ above 45.

In sumation, this thing is worse than the BCS.
You are entitled to your opinion, but attacking ownership and saying things that are not true about the very people that pay for the site and provide you a place to talk will definately counter any future efforts in getting a chat in here.

We never said we are incapable, just cannot do it at this time.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
You are entitled to your opinion, but attacking ownership and saying things that are not true about the very people that pay for the site and provide you a place to talk will definately counter any future efforts in getting a chat in here.

well, what liam said was true.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
You are entitled to your opinion, but attacking ownership and saying things that are not true about the very people that pay for the site and took over your place to talk will definately counter any future efforts in getting a chat in here.

fixed.

Dont try to make us be grateful to these people.

141 - 159 of 159 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.