Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
9/29/2006 11:18:12 AM

Montreal Canadiens forward Guillaume Latendresse will be sticking around when the regular season kicks off next week.

The Canadiens' prospect has signed an entry level contract with the club after an impressive training camp. According to RDS, the deal is worth $850,000 per year over three years, the rookie maximum.

By agreeing to sign the 19-year-old forward, the Canadiens have pretty much guaranteed him a spot on the team. It is highly unlikely they would burn a year of his entry level status by sending him back to his Canadian Hockey League team, the Drummondville Voltigeurs.

"They did what they had to do," Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau said of Latendresse and Andrei Kostitsyn on Thursday, the two prospects fighting for a roster spot. "They've played well right from the start of training camp."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179236&hubname=nhl

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I am glad he got signed I was hoping to see him play in the NHL this season.
I might have missed something but why would Montreal send him back to Drummondville? Why couldn't they send him to the Hamilton Bulldogs?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Good for him ,and good for Montreal.

There's been so much attention given to this player, hopefully it works out and he has a great career in Montreal. He's the kind of player they need. A Power Forward, and he happens to be French. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great move for the habs this is going to be a premiere player on this team. Possibly a first line addition later on maybe even by the end of the season?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Possibly. Koivu, Kovalev and Samsonov probably have those spots for now though. Maybe Ryder or Plekanec a few times.

Latendresse plays both wings, eh? I didn't know that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts