Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, no I don't like it. When a guy is on fire, the last thing you should do is put him out.

Not to mention is removes an extra potential scoring threat from their line-up. And the team is on a 4 winning-streak in his first 4 games of the year.

Umm... Anyone want to add to anymore?

Canadiens return Lapierre to minors
Canadian Press

12/20/2006 11:48:02 AM

MONTREAL (CP) - Rookie forward Maxim Lapierre has been returned to the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs despite a four-game points streak since his call-up by the Montreal Canadiens last week.

The move was made prior to Tuesday's midnight deadline but announced by the Habs on Wednesday. NHL rosters are frozen through midnight, Dec. 27, although players can be recalled from the minors at any time.

The 21-year-old had three goals and an assist and was plus-5 in four games since he was brought up to the NHL club on Dec. 11.

Should centre Steve Begin return from a back injury as expected on Thursday, the Canadiens would have needed to send a player down because they would be over the 23-man roster limit.

Lapierre does not have to clear waivers when returned to the minors. The Montreal native was expected to be in the Bulldogs' lineup for a game against the Manitoba Moose in Winnipeg on Wednesday night.

Lapierre, a second-round draft pick in 2003, played one game for Montreal last season and did not get a point.
TSN : NHL - Canada's Sports Leader

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Players feel for Lapierre after demotion

Canadian Press
12/21/2006 6:10:44 PM

MONTREAL (CP) - Popular rookie Maxim Lapierre's demotion to the minors was the talk of Montreal Canadiens fans Thursday and some pointed fingers at role players Garth Murray and Aaron Downey.

But on chat boards and other media, about as many supported team management's decision to ship Lapierre to the American Hockey League's Hamilton Bulldogs ahead of Tuesday's midnight roster freeze.

The 21-year-old Montreal native had three goals and an assist and was plus-5 in four games since he was called up last week and was becoming a favourite of Bell Centre fans.

Many would rather have seen fourth-liners Murray or Downey sent down, but management opted to keep a winning roster intact.

Murray, who got back his spot at centre on the fourth line with Lapierre's departure, said he understood why some fans were disappointed.

" It's just natural," he said. "Max played great for us.

"If I was asked if I should be put over him it would be tough because Max did a lot for the team in the last little bit. But as (coach Guy) Carbonneau said, it's the new NHL. It's a tough spot, but we're professionals and we've just got to go and play hockey."

FULL STORY

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was really surprised when he was sent down, and I agree with every Montreal fans that Downey or Murray should of been sent down, because they haven't done anything this year, and this guy plays only a few games and he already has three goals this season(even though one is an empty netter) I really like how this kid plays, he's a very fast player, and plays with a lot of heart. I believe he'll be back this season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts