Hockey Fan Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congrats to the Canadians. Having said that, Im proud of team USA. They gave Canada all they could handle, even when no one wanted to give them any respect or any chance to win.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Amazing game, even if it didn't end the way I would have liked it to. I'm damn proud of the heart the US team played with, coming back to force overtime on Parise's late goal. It looked like somebody tore Parise's heart out after the game, which just goes to show how badly the kid wants to win. I have a Pierre McGuire like man-crush on the guy after this tournament (not that I didn't before).

Congrats to Canada, your team learned how to play as a team as the tournament went on, which is why I don't feel as bad as I could about losing to them. They weren't a team who lucked into a medal with their talent, they deserved what they accomplished (although I must say Luongo didn't look any better than Brodeur did against the USA).

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think Luongo played great in the finals, yes he dropped the puck a few times, but he got better and better in the tournament.
His rebound control was shaky against the US, although he made some important saves as well. I just find it funny how some Canadians crucified Brodeur for looking shaky against the US, and yet when Luongo looks shaky...not a word. Not that it really matters anymore.:cool:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Problem is Brodeur was incredibly shakey and making stupid mistakes he usually doesn't. Especially when he's out of his crease where is normally really good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
not a bad choice. I just home USA wins gold
If i'm looking at the draw correctly, barring any upsets today it looks like a Canada vs. Russia matchup will be next, while USA will likely get the Swiss. The seedings are big right now as for Canada to win gold they will likely have to beat Russia, then either Sweden or Slovakia, and then USA, that's rough for them. That would be 3 tough games back to back to back. USA has a much easier route to the gold medal match. I wouldn't be surprised if USA wins the gold now actually after seeing the potential matchups and i still think Russia hasn't played to it's best level yet this olympics so that Canada vs

61 - 69 of 69 Posts