Hockey Fan Forums banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
I'm rwaLLY NERVOUS!!!

Correction in two words of those statements. It's going to be CANADA winning the gold and is going to shove it in USA hopefully..
The difference is the USA is HOPING to win gold, while Canada EXPECTS to win gold. So if Canada wins, I'm sure most Americans won't be that upset. A silver medal would still be better than I expected them to do. Canadian fans on the other hand will probably look at a silver medal as failure.

I hope this game is as exciting and close as 2002.

I watched the game in 2002 at my workplace bar with all my friends, and am thankful I get to do the same again.

Good luck to both teams. The USA has a much better team than I had expected, and Ryan Miller is going to be the Tourney MVP no matter which team wins unless he really wets the bed in the finals(In which case, Demitra looks like the next best).

Go Sharks line + Boyle!!! Do Canada proud!!!!

The difference is the USA is HOPING to win gold, while Canada EXPECTS to win gold. So if Canada wins, I'm sure most Americans won't be that upset. A silver medal would still be better than I expected them to do. Canadian fans on the other hand will probably look at a silver medal as failure.
Very true but also if they do lose it lowers the expectation of the next olympics,if NHL decides to attend. In one way if Canada loses(IF) I will take it as a way to lower the bar.

IF USA wins the next Olympic pressure will be on them like it was in Canada.

If Canada wins, I'll briefly be happy. If the US wins, I'll briefly be disappointed.

Either way, I'll get up Monday morning and go to work.

I like hockey, but my national pride isn't based off a hockey tournament.
Aren't you MR. Buzzkill.

If canada doesn't win today it will be a monumental choke.
LMAO

I don't think so.

Losing to Russians and going home with nothing would have been a monumental choke. Making it to the finals and getting beat by the, so far, best team in the tournament, would be sad, but far from a choke. The only way this could be considerd a choke is if Canada doesn't show up and gets spanked 5-0 or 7-2.

I don't think it would be a choke at all.

The US team is being very well coached, have bought into the system and believe in each other. They are playing exceptionally well as a team.

All those things matter more than how many superstars you have on the team. Just ask Russia

The only way I consider it a choke is if they're up and then lose it in the last five minutes.
Yes, let's hope for a better final 10 minutes than we had against Slovakia.

The Guys who are stars always show up when you need them most and Crosby showed why he's one of those guys again.
I like Crosby, but c'mon, it just seems unfair that after a sub-par tourney he is the one who will forever be remembered for his OT goal.

Personally as happy as I am I would have thought it better for Getzlaf, Toews or Perry to score the winner.

Anyway, no raining on the parade. Way to Go BOYS!!!!!

GO CANADA!!!!!!!! :beer:bt:beer

Crosby was left wide open. Why they play 4 on 4 for this big a game is baffling. It should be like the NHL overtime format during the playoffs. Congrats to Canada and Richie and Pronger. USA has nothing to hang their heads about. No one picked us to do anything in 2010.

Crosby was left wide open. Why they play 4 on 4 for this big a game is baffling. It should be like the NHL overtime format during the playoffs. Congrats to Canada and Richie and Pronger. USA has nothing to hang their heads about. No one picked us to do anything in 2010.
Nobody was bitching and complaining about the 4 on 4 when USA won the World Jrs.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.