Hockey Fan Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's crazy that two of the supposed hockey super powers are out during the quarterfinals. Both Russia and Sweden are on the outside.

Halak is going to have to stand on his head to have any chance of beating the Canadians. I hope that Canada can play the same game they played tonight.

· Registered
820 Posts
It's crazy that two of the supposed hockey super powers are out during the quarterfinals. Both Russia and Sweden are on the outside.

Halak is going to have to stand on his head to have any chance of beating the Canadians. I hope that Canada can play the same game they played tonight.
Sweden and Russia looked somewhat uninspired in their final games. When I look at the rosters, it makes sense to me that Russia couldn't stand with the Canadians, but Sweden should've been much better. A couple of their guys need to be added to the disappointments of this year's Olympics.

· Registered
69 Posts

Yeah i know eh! I thought Russia would only be a powerhouse if they could play as a team, and it seems they failed to do that. That where Canada dominates, team play!

I hope we can beat Slovakia, but they have some surprises. We beat Russia 7-3, they beat them 2-1 so we may have the advantage

· Registered
4,985 Posts
The Russian players seemed to try to do too much by themselves and went for homerun passes way too much.

I wasn't surprised too much by Sweden. How many Olympics has it been where the gold medal winning team of the last Olympics doesn't make the final 4?

· Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Yeah i know eh! I thought Russia would only be a powerhouse if they could play as a team, and it seems they failed to do that. That where Canada dominates, team play!

I hope we can beat Slovakia, but they have some surprises. We beat Russia 7-3, they beat them 2-1 so we may have the advantage
You got it man. Russia had a great roster not a great TEAM.

Canada learned to play as a TEAM, and kicked their ass.

Slovakia and the USA are the two remaing TEAMS in this tourney. With a shout out to Switzerland who played great and were a dangerous opponent every game.

2-0 Canada going into the 2nd. Cant' wait for a rematch of last Sunday but I'm not celebrating until the end of this match.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.