Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 228 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
See, that's why I voted for goaltending in the "most important factor for success" thread.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Very poorly played game by Canada. They should be ashamed. IF they don't get their heads together soon, then they won't even see a medal game.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I felt that a lot of guys where mere ghosts. Nash, Towes and Staal all need to play better. Way to soft on a lot of plays.

And how's Iginla? I sure don't like the way things are called for and against us. If one of our guys blindsided a player it would be a way bigger deal. Especially since it's the IIHF who claim to be all over head shots....He barely played the third.

rb

·
Registered
934 Posts
I didn't get a chance to see the hit on Iginla.

I agree that Pronger looked terrible from what I saw, but Niedermayer looked ok from the short bit I saw of the game. Also, Nash took the puck hard to the net a couple times, which was good. Staal didn't look too great. He might be one of those players that plays his best when he knows he's the go-to guy and the best player on the ice.

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Iginla was benched by Babcock, not injured. Babcock likes his top guys to play with discipline, be able to check and buy into the system. After the hit on Iginla, he was trash talking the Swiss players, lacked effort backchecking, and didn't do what Babcock wanted him to do when he was placed on the ice. This is the reason why he was benched.

I do think it's the wrong time to send a message to the team, but at some point, the message had to be delivered to them. Babcock was probably not sure that taking them aside at practice would get the same result.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
after watching these last two games I think Stevie might regret not taking Green.
An 8-0 win over Norway and a shootout win against a goalie who played out of his mind...terrible. What the hell was Yzerman thinking?

I wish the US team had that kind of problem...

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
15 minutes to go.

Buckle your seatbelts, I hope this is gonna be good.

They are playing for a day of rest before the quarterfinals so it may be a bit more intensive.

As a Leafs fan I also want to watch how Kessel does playing with some decent talent.

Go Canada!!!!!

41 - 60 of 228 Posts