Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carolina goalie Cam Ward is on the receiving end of what he did to Martin Gerber last season.

Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette said at the start of the season that he doesn't have a No.1 goalie and he is sticking to that comment, with John Grahame starting the last three games before Ward got back in the net Thursday, writes the Rocky Mountain News.

"I told them that they have to fight for the crease," Laviolette said. "When you get the opportunity to make the most of it, you'll be rewarded when you perform."

FULL STORY

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
I dont like that, I think Cam Ward should be a full time starter for that performance last year in the playoffs. But then again if he isnt getting the job done, put the backup grahme in.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Grahame's stay as number one won't last long, at least with my exprience with him on Tampa. He would do good then it would look like he wouldn't be able to stop a beach ball if one was shot towards him. But since he's doing good no point in putting him on the bench.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
He has to show that he is Playoff Compatibility as soon as he plays if not, Cam is back to #1

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Amanda said:
Grahame's stay as number one won't last long, at least with my exprience with him on Tampa. He would do good then it would look like he wouldn't be able to stop a beach ball if one was shot towards him. But since he's doing good no point in putting him on the bench.
So true about John Grahame.

He did it in Boston, he did it in Tampa Bay, and it looks like he'll do it again in Carolina.

He will continue to play well for a while, but in the end the job will be back with Cam Ward again. Grahame just hasn't shown enough consistency to be a starting goalie in the NHL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts