Hockey Fan Forums banner

Who do you think will receive the calder trophy?

• Alexander Ovechkin (Capitals)

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Sidney Crosby (Penguins)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dion Phaneuf (Flames)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
^Although I kinda agree with you.....I'm going to have to say Henrik Lundqvist (sp) He completely turned around the rangers franchise, sure so did jaromir Jagr, but the rangers were desperate for a solid goaltender, Dan Blackburn had a problem with his catching hand, Weekes, was kind of an inconsitent goaltender, so the load was all heavily stacked on mr.lundqvist and he didn't disspoint. Although I would'nt mind if either ovechkin or phaneuf get the calder trophy....But if crosby gets it, i would be seriously pissed....Sure crosby is a good playmaker, but.....he leads his team with penalty minutes, and that's not helping the pens franchise one bit. And marek svatos was having a great year with the avs, unfortunately he went down with a shoulder injury and that will sideline him for the rest of the season....ok im done ;d

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Henrik Lundqvist , has been a great dominate force this year, I feel that he deserves the trophy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I vote for Ovechkin, I absolutely love watching this kid play. He's done more with less around him. He's going to be the face of the Caps for a loooooooooooong time to come. He'd look very good in a Winged Wheel, I might add ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
shanny14 said:
Henrik Lundqvist , has been a great dominate force this year, I feel that he deserves the trophy!

lol sorry every one I feel dumb.. ovie would be perfect pick. I must have been drunk typing that up! not really drunk.. but i dont know where my mind went.:eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
shanny14 said:
lol sorry every one I feel dumb.. ovie would be perfect pick. I must have been drunk typing that up! not really drunk.. but i dont know where my mind went.:eek:
I think you were right the first time. Lundqvist and Ovechkin have both been arguably the best in the league at their respective positions, but it's much harder to break into NHL as a goalie than a forward. Lundqvist should win it, but I bet Ovechkin will bc of the hype.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i agree that Lundqvist is the perfect choice, i mean he's in the top five for GAA and Save %, but with that said Ovechkin will still get it because he was hyped almost as much as Crosby but dominated Crosby this year

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Ovechkin will win it... easy. King Henrik has kinda fallen off his game lately, so I don't think that there is any real competition anymore.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ovechkin

50 goals for a rookie is unbelievable!!
Sid had a good year but will be edged out by AO.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, I would definitely, by far, say that Ovechkin should get it. But I think the league might decide to go for Crosby, since he is younger, and posted almost as good of a season. But I do hope Ovechkin gets it, he had an awesome season, and the deciding factor for me, he has an awesome physical game as well, and got to the fifty goal mark. He is a physical presence and offensive presence. I like Ovechkin. But we shouldn't underestimate Phaneuf either. I know that I as an avs fan got to see him play us plenty of times, and didn't like any time that he was on the ice. He is always a presence. But definitely go for Ovechkin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts