Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be interesting to see what they are wearing?

Yours is probably the right ones!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I don't mind the ones they already have now. Why the change?

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
I don't mind the ones they already have now. Why the change?
I guess it's because they know they won't have a team to put on the ice....I guess they think the fans will come out to see the new uniforms!! :laugh:

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Third Jersey

The Third Jersey of the Buffalo Sabres was created in the year 2000. It is a red (the Sabres' red) jersey with black and grey stripes on the sleeves. It also has the word "Buffalo" written in a black strip outlined by grey. The logo is a circle and has two sabres crossing each other with their hilts at each of the bottom sides of the circle (a sort of third logo). The sabres cross through the border of the circle.

A Return to Blue and Gold

Buffalo's chest patch rumoured to be used starting in the 2006-07 NHL Season.

Buffalo's shoulder patch rumoured to be used starting in the 2006-07 NHL Season.

A Mix of Old and New

On June 30, an article in The Buffalo News reported that the Sabres are to sport a new logo starting in the 2006-07 season. The new logo, which the paper found posted on internet message boards and authenticated with apparel manufacturers, is a mix of the first and second logos in a form of a charging buffalo. The secondary logo is a modification of the current sabre spiked through the letter "B" with the new color scheme. The team has confirmed that new jerseys will be unveiled in September, but has not confirmed colors or logos.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I'm sure most of us have seen the new jerseys by now.:(

Sorry, but those down look nearly as good as the ones they hav=d before IMO. They don't look like the "Sabres", they look more similar to the early/mid 90's Penguins or something. :thumbsdow

At least we'll see those Blue and Gold jerseys 15 times this year when they go retro. I'll love to see that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I don't like the new uniforms, Steve Ludzik said it looks like Donald Trump's hair and I would have to agree. I also don't like how they have the players number on the front of the jersey where the stanley cup finals patch would go. The number is already on the back and sleeves of the jersey why now on the front?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i think it is the other way around... i think that the colors are pretty cool, i like that they went back to the old colors, but i think the logo sucks. they should go back to the vintage logo if they go back to the vintage colors.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Vintage Jersey

I love watching tonites game with buffalo wearing the classic jerseys, but i Cant stand to see the player numbers on the front of them. i guess they are afraid that some of the people watching the game on TV may think that they are playing back in the AUD.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sabresfan3 said:
yea that whole thing with the numbers on the front is weird, i kinda dont like it
Welcome aboard sabresfan3!!

I just hope all the other teams don't pick up on it!!!!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
sabresfan3 said:
yea that whole thing with the numbers on the front is weird, i kinda dont like it
Ya I think it's very weird, what are they going to do if they have to put a patch there? Like those Stanley Cup Finals one? The numbers make the front of the jersey look too busy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts